Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TENNESSEE TO PROTECT TROPHY CATS
[#000000][size 1]Thanks to a new regulation, Tennessee anglers might soon have a better chance at hooking a trophy catfish.[/size][/#000000]

[#000000][size 1]In January, the state passed its first catfish size limit, which will go into effect March 1. The regulation allows anglers to keep only one cat (of any species) longer than 34 inches per day. Commercial fishermen may not keep any catfish longer than 34 inches.[/size][/#000000]

[#000000][size 1]According to Bill Reeves, Chief of Fisheries for the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, the change came in response to heavy harvest pressure on the state's larger cats.[/size][/#000000]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Every one wonders why I want to move to tennessee,

its smart thinking like this that makes me think that tennessee will be the spot to be...
[signature]
I'VE ONLY BEEN THERE ONCE , BUT FISHING BELOW THE DAMS CAN BE QUITE AN EXPERIANCE , I WANTED TO RENT A TOW TRUCK IN ORDER TO "REEL" IN SOME OF THOES BIG CATS THAT WERE SNAPPING THE #50 TEST I WAS USING LIKE CHEAP THREAD .

GOOD DEAL ON THE LIMITS , NOT EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO LAND THEM , BUT THEY WON'T DISAPEAR FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH EITHER . THATS SOME COMMON SENCE .

IF I EVER GO DOWN TO VISIT WITH DAVE AFTER THE MOVE , I HAVE ONE FANTASTIC ROD THAT COULD HANDLE ONE OF THOES BRUTS NOW , THANKS MIKE , I AM TRULEY GREATFUL FOR YOUR GIFT AND FOR HAVING SUCH GREAT FRIENDS HERE AT B.F.T. . WE ARE TRULEY BLESSED THAT YOU TOOK THE TIME AND EFFORT TO BRING THIS SITE TOGETHER . THANK YOU . LONEHUNTER
[signature]