Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice shanties
i'm considering buying a shanty this winter but don't have much money. i'm looking for a 2-3 person one that has a floor- preferably carpet, and 2 holes with covers. kind of like the clam 2000 or frabil 6067 outback. are those worth the money? or should i build one? is that worth it? your input would be greatly appreciated.

charles.
I've got a Frabill Venture, which is very similar to the Outback. It works great, is fairly easy to set up, and keeps you out of the wind. It's a little small, but supposedly you can fish 3 people in it. 2 people fit very well. I paid $179, and on a cold, windy day, it's worth every penny.
[signature]
stay away from the ones with hole that have covers, they are more trouble than thay are worth, the holes fill with ice and on a cold winters night, when you decide to come your hole covers will freeze up on you and snow and ice will get dragged in to your portable.

go for one that is open for the last 15-20 inches. you can drill your hole, you can clean your hole with out worying about filling your cover hole with water that will freeze up on you.

If your smart, tell santa to get every one together and pay off one that you put on layaway. or tell him you want gift cards from one particular sports shop. 5-10 dollars here and there add up realy quick....[Wink]

that will make shopping for you easy and no one will be up set because you took your gift back because it wasnt your color or it didnt fit. and every one will be pleased they got to get in on getting you a realy neet gift.[Tongue]
[signature]