Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnows
[Sad][Sad] Hey Guys just found out there is a ban in place for tranporting minnows into NY It's going to be harder and more costly to get bait for ice fishing this year.
[signature]
that is encurraging, not the price thing but the no transporting minnows over the state line. many of the great lake's minnows have come down with some kind of desease. michigan dnr says not to release live or dead monnows in to the waters when we are fishing.

I have heard for years now that utah dose not allow the use of live minnows at all. only dead ones.

I have caught crappie on dead minnows, but there just is nothing like the action of a live minnow for some real crappie action. trying to get a live minnow down to the bottom while the crappie have their feed bags on can be a challange at times...[cool]
[signature]
hey bud you there?

Do we need to come and dig you out?

I saw on the news today, 7 feet of snow on the ground and 2 feet more a commin....[shocked]
[signature]
So far we've been spared[Smile][Smile] we may get our share Wed.
[signature]
hey chief,just a question,what is the going rate for minnows in your area,ours in conn.is$4.00- $4.50 doz.i trap my own.if i didnt i couldn't afford to go icefishing[Sad]
[signature]
We paid 12.00 for four dozen fat heads two weeks ago but the price may have gone up since then. My last two outings all I used were maggots and they were 2.50 for 50. I haven't done any tip ups yet so I haven't replenished my minnows. Next week when the schools are out and Cathy will be home we'll get out. Chief
[signature]