Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
caught one sat. morning
I went over around cheatham dam on sat morning at daylight. Picked up some shrimp and chicken for bait. Launched the boat a little after daylight and had to stay around the ramp for maybe 30 minutes as the fog was THICK! [Image: sad.gif] Good thing tho...as there was a decent school of shad right next to the ramp, so i castnetted a few of those.

After the fog lifted enough to see the front of the boat [Image: ooooh.gif] .. I went to some areas that i hadn't fished before so i did quite a bit of roaming around lookin at the finder before i settled on a spot.
The current was pretty strong and there was a LOT of debri in the water...it kept grabbin my lines.

well anyways i had a few hits on shrimp and live shad...but didn't catch anything. I had a massive chunk of chicken on my biggest pole. i secured everything to move to another spot and as i was moving on up the river...i noticed by dog makin some strange movements out of the corner of my eye.
I quickly glanced back at my boxer...and she was shakin her head, with chicken and fishin line hangin out of her mouth! [Image: angry.gif]

OH CRAP...i slammed the throttle into idle and grabbed her to calm her down...fortunately she was lip hooked and since it was one of the 6/0 gama circles the barb had not penetrated..i'm guessing cause the hook is so thick....i pulled the hook out and she was fine...But i got to experience a few moments of horrow as i initially thought the hook was lodged in her throat.

The wind started kickin up a bit..and i felt sick about what had happened..so i headed to the house.
I know that fealing, it hasnt happened to me, but I worie about every time I take my pest in the boat with me fishing,

she has to stay in the front half of the boat and is now allowed to cross the middle section, she is pretty good about listening to me about it, but should a fish ever break the line in the boat, she would be on top that fish in a second flat, I dread what would happen if the hook was sticking out of the fish...

she loves fish, especialy live riggly ones. she will bite them in the head untill they quit riggling then let them dry in the sun for a bit befor she eats them.

I sure would be heart sickened should she swallow a hook....
[signature]