Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last tag filled!!
I left the house at 5:45 this morning with Lil'Lunkerhunter and headed for my doe tag area.
We got there just in time to shoot as 2 does ran across the road. We went another 1/4 mile and i got both of us dressed in traditional rifle hunting attire. Flouro orange. We turned around and went back to the spot they crossed. We hiked up about 100 yards with no sign of them. Turned and went back to the truck. I was buckling Gage in his car seat and looked back up the ridge to see both of them standing 75 yards away staring at us. I got him back out and we went back across the road and hiked up about 50 yards. The does were still standing there and i put Gages ear muffs on and told him to watch. One "well" placed shot and my tags and freezer are filled for the year. Another trophy for the 165 grain Federal Fusions. [cool]

CAUTION: IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH DO NOT CLICK ON THE LAST PIC!!!! [Wink]
[signature]
Congrats, Lunkerhunter2
Looks like a nice large doe, and your shot didn't ruin any meat.
I'm glad you were able to share the hunt with your son. It's very important to be building those memories now. You and your son will always remember everything about this hunt.

Good on ya!
[signature]
[#505000][Wink] Wow sure screwed up that shot? How you going to mount it now?!?!? The taxidermist is going to have fits trying to fix that! [Wink] Hahah j/k[/#505000]
[signature]
I don't "think" she felt much! Nice work again Brody.
[signature]
Nice shot. Do you think she felt any pain[pirate]. I am glad that your son was able to go with you. One of this days he is going to show you how to do it. Well nice looking deer. Looks like a lot jerky and sausage[Smile].
[signature]
Nice "doe" Brody. I could shoot the rack off a forky horn too and call it a doe.
Come clean, you hit the little fork with the truck then cut it's skull off with the chain saw. You can't fool the IFG.
Ok, you got me.[blush]
[signature]