Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Read First
Hi Robert,<br><br>Welcome aboard, glad you're here. What are you fishing for this time of year?<br><br>Come on over to the clubs board when you have time and tell us about the clubs around your area.<br><br>Dan Butler<br><br>Fishing Academy ---&gt;<b><font color=blue><A HREF="http://www.fishingacademy.com" target="_new">http://www.fishingacademy.com</A></font color=blue></b>
Welcome neighbor, i live i Illinois.<br>I had some questions about flyfishing near Lafayette??<br>Maybe we could raise them on the FF board??<br><br>again welcome<br>Robfishon<br><br>[laugh]
Sorry I can't be a lot of help about flyfishing around Lafayette. Don't get up that way much. I do have a fly rod but haven't had it out in a while. Used to go to some of the tributaries of the White River in Indy and catch Smalmouth. Caught both my biggest (about 3 1/2#) and my smallest (about the size of your thumb) on a fly rod. The only thing I do know about Lafayette is that they have the Wabash River and that should provide some decent fishing.<br><br>
Well the Big Fish Tackle people finally found a moderator for the Indiana discussion board. You guessed it….ME.<br><br> Welcome to the Big Fish Message Boards<br><br>We’re planning to get things going here with plenty of discussions about what excites us all…..FISHING. We don’t care what kind of fish you’re after we want to hear about it. So if you have any reports, stories, suggestions, information or questions on fishing any where around Indiana please post them here.<br><br>As for me….I am an avid fisherman. I live in Avon, a suburb of Indianapolis, and fish when I can. Unfortunately that is not anywhere near as often as I would like. I have twin 16 month old boys who are taking up most of my free time right now. But I also plan on making them a big reason to go fishing in the near future. <br><br>Now regarding my moderator duties….I am very open and interested in everyone’s information. I know that I don’t know all there is about our great sport so I am looking forward to learning a lot from this board. I have been on a number of other message boards only to find people insulting one another when they have different views. I’d like to try to keep that from happening. Let’s just remember that when someone has a different opinion on a subject than we do that doesn’t make him or her wrong just different. So please, try to be courteous and remember we all have at least one thing in common…….FISHING. We just want this to be a fun and informative forum for us Hoosiers. So please, lets keep that in mind and enjoy.<br><br><br><br>Good Fishin’ <br><br>Robert<br><br><br>
Dan,<br><br>Thanks...I'm really glad to be here. Right now around Indiana I think people are fishing for any number of different species. Some of these include, Bass (all varieties), Crappie, Bluegill, Walleye, Catfish, Perch, Trout (kind of limited), Muskie as well as many other I'm sure. As for me, I mainly fish for Bass and Crappie out at Eagle Creek Reservoir in Indianapolis.<br><br>