Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ooops! Stupid women (Ducks)
As there isn't much in the way of safe ice around, myself and the Icefishinggod decided that something had to pay for the lack of ice, so we went out chasing ducks, and pay they did! Had to pass up countless pinnies today, they were like flies on stink. If we would have known at the beginning it was going to be like that, we wouldn't have even shot at the hens. The hen mallard came on a "I need a double" move. Oh well, still a phenomanal shoot. All these birds bought the farm between 2:30 and 3:30! What a day in the marsh.
[inline mallardsmustdie.jpg]
[signature]
I think the duck gods owed us huge. The last 3 times Brandon and I have been have out....shall I say less was than steller. Every once in a while all the stars come together and today was the day. I told my wife I'd help decorate the house for X-Mas on Saturday......That may be put on hold in the afternoon. Maybe, yes I whipped and I admit it so don't even say it. Pictures from Saturday to follow.....I'm not that whipped......maybe.

IFG
You guys weren't up at Strawberry were you? I was toonin at chicken creek east and there were a couple of guys going to town on the ducks all afternoon. The fishing wasn't half bad either!
[signature]
We were out in the GSL marshes, although I have considered a cast and blast up at the berry.
[signature]
[reply]
As there isn't much in the way of safe ice around, [/reply]

What do you mean no safe ice? I spent the 10 hours on safe ice and hooked over 30 properly close to 40 fish.
[signature]
That looks like a nice day on the marsh. I like to see people harvest a nice bunch of birds without beating up the hens. The only thing that would improve that picture would be a couple of geese to add to the mix. Maybe next time. Couldn't have happened to couple of nicer guys. gshorthair
[signature]
My son said he went out this afternoon and got some good hunting in before dark, lots of ducks flying low.[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Looks like you guys had an awesome shoot. Great work![/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]