Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LAKE BORGNE TROUT HAUL
Well it happened again, more limits. Bob and his 2 sons Palo and "Dude" joined me this morning and it was a great one as I headed the Blazer Bay toward the East shorline. Started fishing on the shoreline of Lake Borgne and the trout were everywhere as we started throwing live shrimp under a rattling cork and it was on with 2,3 and 4 hookups almost immediately. The tide was falling along the shoreline and the water was clear and the trout were running 1 to 2 lbs. with a few near 3. They were biting so good we decided that two of us would fish artificials and the trout ate them up too. Hybreds in key lime and smoke seemed to work the best and titelining was the way to go with a slow steady retrieve. After we got our 100 trout limit in the box we headed for the redfish hole and and put 8 in the box using live shrimp and gold spoons. Palo is heading back to L.S.U. tonite with a nice mess of filets and they are going to have a big fish fry this week. Fun day with excellent weather,plenty of water and a great bunch of customers. ANOTHER GREAT DAY ON THE WATER.

EQUIPMENT: 24 FT. BLAZER BAY, 250 4-STROKE YAMAHA, MARSH MASTER RODS, RED DOT REELS, H&H TACKLE.

CAPT. HOOK / TEAM ESCAPE

985 847 0672 H
504 512 2602 CEL

www.escapefishingcharters.com
[signature]
What type of structure do you favor for the specks? I know around here, the trout are usually hanging around oyster beds or deep holes back up in the creek. I know it's different down where you are.
[signature]
Right now we are fishing the shallow waters of the marshes 2 to 3 ft. average. We also fish them over oyster reefs when warm and the deeper water when it gets cold. The trout start hitting artificials when it stays cold and in the early morning hours they are deep 7 to 10 ft. and as the Sun gets up high and starts to penetrate the water the trout move on the shallower flats and feed. I took that photo, here is one of me.
[signature]