Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank god I thought I was the only striper nut in Vegas!!!
Well, I'm actually trying to get out there for a 4 day houseboat trip from 12/26 (Tues) -12/29 (Friday). I think 4 or 5 of us are going to try to take the new houseboat out of Temple Bar. Temple Bar Marina just got 3 new houseboats in August of 2006. This past October, 7 of us took one out and travelled throughout the Temple Basin. Check out my pics from previous posts. I think the views from Temple Basin are the best at Mead. Very scenic...and you can see the base of the Grand Canyon as well. At sunset, the view is breathe taking.

The fishing is really consistent at night. I fish starting from when I wake up around 10:00 a.m. all the way through 2, 3 and sometimes 4 in the morning. Of course, we make time for meals, bathroom breaks, and afternoon naps. That's why I love the houseboats. It has everything you need. The "Forever Houseboats" are the best. I tried Seven Crowns' houseboat a few years back...and boy was that crap. The new houseboats at Temple Bar also have a flatscreen t.v. and DVD player to keep the women entertained. Unfortunately, the ladies we bring tend to fish for only 2-3 hours every day. Their loss.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get out there on 12/26. I know it's going to be freezing but I'll be okay so long as it doesn't rain. A few buddies and I always go camping and fishing in the middle of winter. The houseboat is going to be a nice change from roughing it out in a tent in 30 degree temps.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [TDOG] Thank god I thought I was the only striper nut in Vegas!!! - by Mead_Stripers - 11-30-2006, 01:45 AM