Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our first report of some one falling through
Well It happened today, we got our first report of some one falling though.

seems like we have some people who have not found our friendly ice fishing board here and bigfishtackle yet.

repid city south dakota,

fortunatly he was retreived and taken to the emergency. he came out on his own power with assistance by friends, It was all caught on home vidio.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]That sucks! Glad that he made it out okay though. [/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Be safe out on the ice everyone![/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
well heres the second one -Upper Red Lake- they were fishing out an atv yesterday- no one hurt except some pride
[signature]
There were two guys in Ely who went though the ice. Not sure which lake but one guy didn't make it out. Be careful guys. I love fishing as much as the next guy but I'm always careful. Be Safe!!

Chef
[signature]
It was at the North bay of Burntside Lake. Big water up there.

Chef
[signature]
ATV went down in Round Lake- Brainerd area- 1 DIDNT MAKE IT OUT
PICKUP NEAR THE CITIES WENT DOWN- both made it out

its not worth it and now this warmer weather is flirting with us-Dont let it suck you in
[signature]
Hey Russ-Judy, welcome to BFT! Never thought I'd see y'all over here. Iceman told me about the guy that fell thru on Round Lake. Apparently knew the guy.

These stories are all reminders that when we head out, we are always taking a chance at finding thin ice. I've seen places where there could be a foot of ice in one spot and just 20 feet later, there's 3 inches of ice.

And if you ask me, the weather has just been too iffy to try to ride anything out there.
[signature]
Here's another. A fellow bfter's son wnet through at Daniels in Idaho. He had watched the video and his father thinks it saved his life.
[signature]
What video?
[signature]
It is on the utah board under general fishing. Back a page or 2. If you can't find it, let me know.
[signature]
Thankyou very much for that video info. Has this been made available under this ice fishing Forum?
[signature]
Ya, its on this board, its burried several pages back.
[signature]
[url "http://www.exn.ca/video/?Video=exn20020325-icewater.asx"][#0000ff][size 2]www.exn.ca/video/?Video=exn20020325-icewater.asx[/size][/#0000ff][/url][size 1] [/size]
[size 1]Try this.[/size]
[signature]
two more deaths resulting from falling though the ice.

yesterday two boys playing on a pond in toronto fell though, one was dead at the seen, the other died today in the hospitol as a result of falling though.
[signature]
This weekend an 8 year old girl died snowmobiling with her dad on a side by side snowmobile, they went through the ice and she was seat belted in.
[signature]
thats just terrible,

on two accounts. one driving on ice that is not stable, and the other is seat belts on a snowmobil.

you may as well put seat belts on a motor cycle for all the good it will do ya,

the biggest safty feature of the snomobil is the fact that you can dislodge your self from it at any time. the only thing seat belts are good for are head on colisions, even then there is no protection from schrapmetal and debre flying in to you... your best hope is to jump off to save your self bodily injury from impact..

if ya think about it, snowmobilers are rapped in padding and a helmet, snow is relitivly soft, you are low to the ground so there is less impact from jumping off.

I mean no disrespect to the family. but it is a fools game for one person on a sled to race across the lake on thin ice as many do every year, even on my lake they do it, more enough they jump large bodys of open water.

where the ice might have held the dad flying at tremendous speeds, the added weight and the drag of the trailor car is enough to bog it down to the point that it was no longer hydroplaining.

what of the dad, did he servive?
[signature]
Not just that but, if your going to ride with a seatbelt on, on a lake, you should go through a manual check to make sure that the kid knows how to get out in case that happens. Its just a common sense saftey precaution that could have easily saved a life.
[signature]
man falls though waist deep at stoney creek michigan monday, he gets out ok, a trip to the hospitol for hyperthermia.

man goes out on monday on lake erie with snowmobile, fails to return home for dinner, copters to a search on tuesday finds a man rowing back in to shore. snowmobiler not found, no word today as to weather he was found or not.

yesterday man falls though lake in south east mich, decided he would walk though the swamp to avoid falling though his small pond only to become stranded in the swamp, kids heard screaming and called 911 and fire department cut though the trees and swamp to get to man fallen in.... he is ok, pride a big dented. ==== never never never go though the swamp to get off a lake, that is the absolute worst thing you can do... swamps tend to not freeze even during the coldest of winters....

Waiting for evening news to hear about how many more guys tempted the spring thaw gods...
[signature]