Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Report
Don't put away the boat yet! We made it out for a couple of successful days during the Turkey Day holiday. We trolled the area around Dutch John Draw and Cart Creek using planer boards and downriggers. We caught rainbows between 14-24 inches, and lakers between 18-24 inches. Shad raps (shad and crayfish color), running at 9ft, were really productive under the planer on Saturday for rainbows. We also trolled spoons (hot pink and silver colors) at about 40ft to pick-up the lakers. We spent time in both the open water and running the shorelines, with similar success. Boat speed was 1.7-2.2 mph, and water temp was 46-48 F. We spent a couple of evenings consuming it all. Wow, those lakers make for good vittles when cooked on the BQ or the smoker! Enjoy!
[signature]
Nice report Ryno, great to hear the catching is still so good this late in the year. Where did you stay? WH2
[signature]
We rode up over the weekend.. No toads this round,, just dinks to 10lbs... Might make another run in a couple weeks to see whats what.
[signature]
I must say that when i here fish in the 10lb range referd to as dinks it makes me giggle as I would love to catch on that big. My biggest is about 3 lbs. Glad you had good sucess. Thanks for the info and report.

edited for spelling
[signature]
I live in Dutch John, so the drive to the lake or the river is short!
[signature]
That makes it a lot easier to get to the lake whenever you can, must be nice[cool].
[signature]