Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing - Last Day of November, brrrrrr....
It was 67 yesterday, and 35 today...but nothing stops the 2 nuts from Indiana.

crappiehunter and I went out today and tried a few ditches...the wind was brutal, but I did manage to catch a couple small bass just the right size for an aquarium - one 6 incher and the other around 10, both were caught on my super-ultralite with 4lb. test line...the first with a 1/32 oz. marabou jig and the second with a 1/8 oz. beetle spin, pink/white.

On the way to one of the ditches we fished we spotted this buck...
[Image: 8ptBUCK.jpg]
...of course it was on private land and fenced in too (not that a fence could contain it)

Mike decided that we should try Horseshoe Bend for awhile, so we headed on out and after some time there, we managed to get a few crappies using a jig & float combination and allowing the wind to provide all the action...
[Image: crappie.jpg]
...not a great pic, it was getting dark and I was low on camera memory.

Nature Notes: we saw several deer, including the pictured buck above and a couple flocks of Canada geese flying Northward in a "V" formation.

...all in all, another great day had by Mike and me down by the Kankakee!

[signature]
mid 50's and rain again. so much for ice fishing any time soon.

if it werent for having my row boat put up I might concider pushing out and seeing what I coud pull up off the drop off.

I cant beleive I have only gone fishing twice this year... I spent every available moment putting on a new roof, soffets and painting the house.
[signature]
geez, I wouldn't admit that to anyone! I try to hit the water between 150 - 160 times-a-year, every year...with exception of the year 2000 when I hit the water 198 times.

I'll be going Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this week, and if I get dispensation from my life partner Sunday too.
[signature]
I hear that, My dad was up for deer season and wanted to take home some gills from my lake and I hadent anything in the freezer to send down with him, none period. I cant remember a year when my freezer has been this empty.

I did put some beens and corn from the garden in the freezer this year, didnt put any tomatos in, didnt realy have the time to mess with them so I gave most away.

It was a big roof job, complete tear down, not just shingles. and the house hadnt been painted in 30 years so it had to be scraped by hand and painted. all tung and groove siding, that to took a lot of time and caused lots of pain.

at least I am down wind of the lake so I did get to smell it, That monster pike is still there so I may have a shot at him this winter if we get some ice. When I was on the roof I could look at the lake during my break and wish I was there in my row boat wiggling my jig.

I do have to come up with a new auger or find me a new drill for my old one.

Hey, thats something I can do this week, tune up the old gas auger. its been almost two years since I last ran it. no ice last winter.

I will just have to wade thought the back yard to get to it, nothing but rain for the last three days.

I havent pulled the dock in yet, was waiting for ice so we could pickup the sections and carry them in to shore with out getting wet.

maybe if I get a break in the rain thursday I will try if from the dock, the only problem there is I am 300 feet from the drop off... kind a rough to shoot 300 feet when the wind is blowing in my face....LOL

I know the crappie should be doing good this time of year.

I am for the most part like you, if I dont get out and fish every a couple days I start getting cabin feaver.
[signature]
198 times eh....you count every one of them?? LOL
[signature]