Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GRIZZ ON WHY PROC FOR 07.
JUST READ ABOUT THIS ON MONSTER MULEYS .COM THE WHYOMING FISH AND GAME HAS SET THE PRICE OF GRIZZLEY TAGS AT 6000 DALLORS FOR THE DRAW. THOUGHT WE DIDNT HAVE GRIZZ IN THE LOWER 48. YA RIGHT..... JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE THIS WITH THE NON BELEIVERS FROM THE LAST GRIZZ POST.
[signature]
I hadn't heard. That is amazing and I would fork out 6k to shoot one!
[signature]
It is well known that there are grizzly bears in Yellowstone National Park and have been for decades. That park is near to or in Wyoming, as well as Idaho and Montana. However, there are VERY few outside that park in the lower 48. Plenty in Alaska and Canada though.
[signature]
Whoever said there weren't grizzlies in the lower 48? Of course there are Grizzlies in Wyoming... Tetons and Yellowstone.

I thought that argument about grizzlies was about them being on Colorado and/or Utah... [crazy]
[signature]
YOU ARE CORRECT ON THAT THE OTHER DESCUSSION WAS ABOUT COLO AND UTAH. HOW FAR IS WHYOMING AWAY FROM UTAH? OR COLORADO? THE WOLVES HAVE MIGRATED. PROFF WAS THE TRAPPED CALLORED WOLF TRAPPED BY DWR. HOW FAR FETCHED WOULD IT BE FOR GRIZZ TO WANDER DOWN THIS WAY? NOT THAT GREAT A STRETCH AT ALL. THE REASON FOR THIS POST WAS TO SHOW THAT GRIZZ ARE NOT THAT FAR FROM HERE OR COLORADO. JSUT COMMON SENCE THAT THE SMALL MALES GET PUSHED BY OLDER MALES OUT OF THE TERITORY AND MIGRATED LOOKING FOR PLACES WITHOUT OTHER DOMMINANT MALES. SAME AS THE MOOSE ALONG THE WASATCH. EVERY YR SMALL BULLS ARE PUSHED DOWN BY LARGER BULLS AND ALWAYS END UP ON TV IN SOME PERSONS BACK YRD. BEARS AND WOLVES ARE NO DIFFERNT. SOME BEARS IN ALASKA MIGRATE OVER 1000 MILES FROM WINTER TO SUMMER RANGES. WHYOMING IS LESS THAN THAT AWAY. THANX FOR ASKING.
[signature]
i heard there are sharks in utah too.[Wink]LOL
[signature]
YOU KNOW IT. THEY LOVE NASSCAR RETIRIES AND EAT MAN WORMS. [Wink] RIGHT BACK AT YA. LOL
[signature]
It's Wyoming,,, ,not whyoming,I went through the WYOMING proclamation and no where did I see anything about hunting grizzlies..If someone can point me to the page numbers and information,I sure would like to see it for my self.According to a few hunter friends of mine that have been watching this closely,they say it just isn't so .Grizzlies haven't been delisted by the feds yet,so they cant be legally hunted.
[signature]
my spelling sucks sum days. go to monstermuleys.com then go to fourum you will find all the info. the guys over at that site are talking about it. very cool hunting site. one can spend days just looking at big game photos and reading stories from hunters. sorry if i miss spelled athing else.
[signature]
Thanks Crossineyes,I went to Monster Muley,and had a look for my self.As I suspected its just wishful thinking about hunting grizzlies.IMO I think it will happen in the near future. The state of Wyoming is just waiting to get the ok from the feds.
[signature]
This just in from the Wyoming game /fish:
[center]YELLOWSTONE GRIZZLY BEAR MANAGERS SAY ALL SYSTEMS
[b]ARE STILL GO FOR DELISTING
[/b][/center]
JACKSON - At the Oct. 10-11 meeting of Greater Yellowstone Area grizzly bear managers in Jackson, the message was loud and clear about the future of the threatened species.
"The delisting process is still on track," said U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Grizzly Bear Recovery Coordinator Chris Servheen at the semi-annual meeting of the Yellowstone Ecosystem Grizzly Bear Subcommittee.
Chuck Schwartz, leader of the Interagency Grizzly Bear Study Team, also presented at the meeting. "The number of sightings of females with cubs increased from 31 in 2005 to 47 in 2006," Schwartz said. "These sightings normally vary from year to year so the increase in 2006 doesn’t mean a huge increase in the numbers of bears in one year."
He adds that because looking at only a single year’s data can be misleading, the recovery plan uses running averages to paint a better picture the grizzly bears’ status.
"Over the last six years, we have averaged 43 unduplicated females accompanied by 84 cubs for an average litter size of 1.94 in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem," Schwartz said. "These are all indicators that the bear numbers have remained stable or slightly increased."
He said a major underpinning of both the recovery plan to bring back the grizzlies and the Conservation Strategy to manage the bears once they are delisted is that biologists will use the best possible science to study and manage the bears. In the case of tracking females with cubs, Schwartz also explained how a new statistical tool called the "Chao2" estimator will be employed to give a more accurate estimate of the Yellowstone Ecosystem grizzly bear population.
Another significant factor in the recovery of the bear revolves around human caused mortality. Schwartz reported that, as of the meeting, only nine known grizzly bear mortalities had been recorded for 2006. Of those, one was of natural causes and eight were human related. Six of the human-caused mortalities were within the recovery zone and the 10-mile perimeter around it. One of these bears was a management removal and the others were either motor vehicles accidents, mistaken hunting identity and causes still under investigation.
Schwartz also covered information regarding the various important food sources for the grizzly bears within the Yellowstone Ecosystem, such as white bark pine nuts, Yellowstone cutthroat, army cutworm moths and winter-killed big game. While food sources like ungulate carcasses were at their highest recorded levels in six years, some other foods such as the white bark pine nuts were being reduced by native mountain pine beetles attacking the trees. The Interagency Grizzly Bear Study Team is concerned about the decline and is studying the situation in cooperation with the National Park Service and other federal agencies.
For more information about grizzly bear recovery and view other related links, visit the Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee Web site at: [url "http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/wildlife/igbc"]http://www.fs.fed.us/r1/wildlife/igbc[/url].
[signature]
No argument here Crossineyes. There certainly is the potential that grizzlies can make it to Utah. But there have been no verified sightings for how many years? [Smile]
[signature]
Now crossineyes, you got so upset about this the last time you said you weren't going to post anymore. No here ya go bringing it up again? I called b.s. on your assertion that there are grizz in Utah and Colorado. No where did anyone ever say that there were no grizz in Wyoming. The majority of Yellowstone and all of Tetons are in Wyoming and there have been grizzleys there all along. Get YOUR facts straight[Wink]
[signature]
scotty???? i love you man... have a great life. also a very merry xmas. your buudy ken.
[signature]
Deer hunting in our favorite wyoming area, we saw 2 grizzlies walking together about 500 yards from us. Pretty low from where they are suppose to be. We did not want anything to do with them, so we just busted out of there. Pretty crazy.
[signature]
HOW FAR IS IT WHERE YOU WERE DEER HUNTING FROM UTAH. WE HAVE BEEN HAVING AN ON GOING DISCUSSION ABOUT GRIZ IN UTAH. MOORE OF A NIT AND PICK ABOUT GRIZZ IN UT AND COLORADO. AFTER A SIGHTING IN THE HIGH UNINTAS. THE SIGHTING DID NOT GET PUBLISIZED. SOME MINERS IN BROWN DUCK BASIN SAW HIM AND EVEN GOT SOME PIC,S THEN REPORTED IT TO THE LOCAL FOREST SERVICE WHO MET THE MINERS AND AND DID FIND PROOF OF A SMALLER MALE. I JUST HAD A GOOD FREIND FROM THE AREA OF MOUNTAIN HOME GET A FEILD JOB FORREST SERVICE SO VERY SOON ILL HAVE MOORE INFO. IVE ALSO BEEN DOING SOME RESEARCH ON COLLORED GRIZLEY MIGRATION DISTANCES TO SEE HOW FEZABLE IT IS OR WAS FOR A BEAR TO MIGRATE TO UT. JUST A FEW WEEKS AGO THE F N G TRAPPED 2 CANADA LINX HE IN UT. THEY WERE TRANSPLANTED INTO COLORADO A FEW YRS BACK. THEY SHIPPED THEM BACK TO COLORADO. THEY TRAVLED OVER 200 MILES TO UTAH.
[signature]
When I was 13 years old, my family and I took a camping trip up by smith and morehouse. We went on a family hike and my dad said"huury and look right there, theres a grizzly bear". We all said yah right dad. My dad is a pretty accomplished hunter and knows his animals, especially bears. He told us to look inbetween this clearing and in just a few seconds he should come out. Sure enough one did. The sun was shining on him and from 300 yards away he was brown as could be and he sure had one big hump in the back. Who knows what he really was. But I am almost certain it was a grizzly. My family still remembers that camping trip vividly. So I bet there are a few roaming around.
Proline
[signature]
O NO NOW SOME GUY WILL COME ON HERE AND CALL B,S AND SAY THAT YOUR DAD WAS ON DRUGS OR DONT KNOW WHAT HE SEE,S WITH HIS OWN EYES. I HAVE NO PROBLEM TRUSTING WHAT YOU HAVE SHARED BUT THERE IS ONE THAT WILL. HE JUST CANT HANDLE WHAT OTHERS SHARE AS TRUTH. IF ITS NOT DOCUMENTED IT JUST NOT FACT TO HIM. A LYNX OR WOLF CAN COME OVER THE BOARDER BUT NEVER A GRIZZ THEY WATCH THE BOUNDRIES. LMAO THEY ARE TO SMART TO MIGRATE FROM ANYWHERE. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR EXPEIREANCES WITH THE REST OF US WHO DO KNOW SOMETHING DIFFERNT AND HAVE MOORE OPEN MINDS. HEY SCOTT LUV U MAN.[Wink]
[signature]
Not to add any confusion to the discussion, but if my old memory serves me well, several years ago (not too many years), a large male grizz was killed by a vehicle up parley's canyon. I think that it was picked up and identified by the DWR, and the account was published in the Trib.

Also, just to stir the conversation, you might want to google "Old Ephraim", the account of a grizz in Cache Valley. If nothing else, it makes good reading, and provides some Utah history.

Tight lines guys
[signature]
GOOD INFO!!!! THANX FOR SHARING THAT. WOW IM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WITH INFO. [Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]