Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacation Plans??
Anybody got any big plans for the summer vacation wise???

I am going to take the kids to Disneyland hopefully in July. Not that exciting but they ought to have a blast[Smile]
[signature]
oh yea ! we have been useing our vacation days for school closings and the kids sick days for the last four years , but this year , WE NEED ONE ! were planning on going to maine to visit with my family there . L-O-B-S-T-E-R, C-L-A-M B-A-K-E , F-I-S-H-I-N-G !!!!! that is if the gas prices stay down . [pirate] i still keep wondering why we pay the same price for imported oil as domestic oil , guess we have a better grade of oil then theres [Wink] . i bet all texans agree with me on that one !
[signature]
[Smile] My wife and I are going to Cape Cod, Mass. to do some Blue and Striper fishing from the beach. This a trip that my brothers and I have been planning for 5 years, so we are really looking forward to being there in July.

AFDan52
[signature]
HEY THERE LONEHUNTER! THAT OUGHT TO BE FUN!! I,VE ALWAYS WANTED TO FISH MAINE NEVER HAVE. THE KIDS WILL LIKE IT HUH? YEAH! I NEVER TRIED LOBSTER TILL MAYUBE 4 YEARS AGO AND LOVE IT! JACK,S MOTHER LIVES IN MAINE NOW SO AM PLANNIN ON GOIN AND HAVIN SOME WITH HER!!! LATER MARE OH I GUESS WE,LL TRY TO DO THE FISHIN AND MOTORCYCLIN THIN THIS SUMER AND CAMPIN. WE LOVE THIS GIT ON THE BIKE AND JUST GO. LIKE BE FOR ALL MY KIDS AND JACK AND ME ARE GOIN TO PULASKI NY AND RENTIN A CABIN FOR A WEEK GO OUT ON THE BOAT. CAN,T WAIT. BEEN FISHIN? LATER [Smile][cool][laugh] SOMETIMES JUST NOT PLANNIN THINGS AND GOIN WITH THE FLOW IS GOOD TOO HAHA /ON THE BIKE/ HAHA
[signature]
the Sadest part about the gass thing is the percentage of ethinal that goes in our tanks. (recycled halloween and valentine candy)

I cant remember the last time I went to a station that did not have an ethinal statement on the pump.
[signature]
Well Teroy although I hadn't made any plans yet I have one plan now, to take my family fishing with yours! I live about 20 minutes from Disneyland. What do you say, can you pull it off, if you say yes I'll put together a killer fishing adventure and we'll take the wives and kids? Just give me the word, a head count (how many are coming) and the date and I'll do the rest!

What'ya say, will you be here an extra day, are ya in?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I had to re-read that post!

I thought you wrote disneyworld, and i'd be on the phone to you.

We're hitting Orlando in April, and while the baby naps, my son and I plan to hit whatever water is available off the monorail!
[signature]
Hello Rob,[size 1]

Please call Tony Weatherman at Champion Bass Pro Guide Service (1-888-715-7661) ASAP (let him know that you are the BFT moderator that Mike spoke to him about), I just got off the phone with him and he is expecting your call. He is going to take care of you and your son with a free guided (well you'll have to pay for bait and License but that's it) bass trip while you are in Orlando. Please call ASAP, because I didn't know what dates you were going to be there and he fills up fast in April.[/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
All mods already know my plans for vacation by now, set for an Island trip next month.

Now as for your coment about Texas and oil! you will have a suprize if you did not know that 87% of all wells in Texas and Oaklahoma are caped! The price of domestic oil is caused by the feds imposed tax! The funds from said tax is used to pay well owners to keep them shut down.

Also you might get another suprize to learn that 30% of our imported oil is beeing pumped in to depleated wells! The cost of that oil is recovered by raising prices at the pumps.

Now that you have this information think about this:

1. We used up some wells back in the 50's and 60's.

2. In the 70's the goverment steped in and said we need to keep our reserves in case of depleation of imported supplys.

3. The answer was to pay well owners not to pump their wells.

4. To increese our supply the oil companys started pumping imported oil back into empty wells that they got tax money to not pump the oil out of.

5. With the increased reserves the limit of oil alowed to be pumped was increesed. So the oil companys now make mony from pumping domestic oil (or is it?).

Now think of this too!:

1. We payed at the pumps for all imported oil including the oil pumped in the grown.

2. We or our children will pay for it again when it is pumped back out of the grown in the future!

Sorry about my rambling over this but Lonehunter you hit a nerve that has agrivated me for years.
Glad you did thoe. As I said this is a big thorn with me! It needs to be told!

Now you know why our pump prices have gone up so much in the last 30 years. We get the privlage of paying twice for the same oil!

The current gas price in California is around $2.00 per gal.
30 years ago there wher gas wars in California. The pump price was lowered to gain customers. Durring this time I lived in San Jose. I also bought gas for my lawn mower for $0.16 per gal. The normal price was around $0.39 per gal.
This included the road use and other State taxes at that time. OK I here you I will shutup on this now.
[signature]
no buddy , don't be quiet , this kind of stuff intrests me , maybe you should copy it over to xmans page and let it flow from there ! i think its a great topic for discussion !
[signature]
You guys sure have it bad down in the south. Up in Canada we were up to 86.9 cents per liter in TBay. That converts to $2.23 per gallon! But anyways, enough on that topic. My summer includes working in northwestern ontario during the week and fishing on the weekends. I am a student the rest of the year so my vacation is from school!
[signature]