Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly swap and end results
I think we should report our successes with our flies from the fly swap. It would be a great way to thank everyone who participated. I can't wait to get mine. I want to try some of them soon.
If you catch a fish on a fellow tiers fly, report the type of fish, general description of the water, and the presentation.
What do you guys think??
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Sounds good to me. Almost got out to try today but HOLY CRAP! walked outside this morning and 11 degrees, no thanks. Did some work around the house instead. Beautiful day today but, soooo deceiving![mad][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Hi All

I got the flies the other day. First chance I've had on the computer to chat.

The flies look awesome. In the North country I might be able to use them for a day or two or three. The Lakes are froze and the river is running slush ice. My report might have to take place in the spring [unsure].

Guess that leaves me time for tying more flies.

Thanks again to all
[signature]
[sly]Lynn's remarks about the frozen lakes and slushy rivers reminded me of telling the neighbor kids in Louisiana about Ice Fishing in Alaska.
The one redheaded boy listend to my tale of chopping through 50" of ice and having to keep the holes open etc etc...and when I was all done, he waited a long minute and then asked:
"Mr Dick, just how'd you get the boat into the water?"
I dont remember how I answered that boy's question.

I think he made me realize that I'll be forever relegated to the "wannabe" sector when it comes to telling a tale with all the required information within the tale.
[signature]