Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks TD
Just thought I'd take a moment to say "thanks" for all the efforts Pat makes in keeping this meeting place going for us. I've probably said it before in one way or another but it bears repeating. It has become one of my favorite spots in cyberspace and the people I've met here I consider my friends.

It does take diligence to make a forum like this work and TD has been there consistently, patiently answering all inquirys and making newcomers feel welcome even when they ask the same simple questions the rest of us asked when we were getting started tubing.

I've learned a lot here that has really affected my fishing for the better and the fishing fellowship is the greatest. Not many places where a bunch of fly flingers, bait chuckers, plastic flippers, hardware tossers, pontooners, kayakers, v-tubers, donut dunkers, etc. can meet and still have peace. Somehow we manage that here.

A rare, useful. enjoyable place.

Thanks again.

z~
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Ditto on what Uncle Z said![/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Amen,

Let me add my thanks Pat. You are truly an inspiration.
God Bless,
Don
[signature]
Simce being introduced to this site earlier this I have come to it nearly everyday! Love th pic's, stories and experience that is on this site. Love the willingness to share learned and time tested tips and tricks and even the special fihin holes. Glad to be a part of it and hoping for the day to meet some of you pole to pole.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Aw shucks! Blush blush. I truly appreciate your kindly words my friend...and those who have responded too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When TheAngler (head honcho of BFT) suggested that I start a float tube board, I figured it would be a novelty act that would probably not get much play. I have since been both surprised and pleased with the family we have developed and the caring and sharing attitudes of all who hang out here.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I gotta say though, that being a moderator on this board is easy. When you have good people, who all enjoy the kind of sport we do (fishing, tubing, etc.) there is a good chance that it will become a self-sustaining playground with little need for harsh supervision. That is definitely not the case with some of the other boards on BFT...and especially a lot of "chat rooms" for other websites.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks to all of you folks, who drop in for a bit of friendly conversation or to share your reports and pics. I think most of us are the same in that we do enjoy living vicariously through the exploits of others, especially when we are unable to get out ourselves. And, it is always enjoyable to see and hear of the unique fishing conditions in other parts of the country.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sniff, sniff. Now lets all have a big group cyberhug and sing a couple of verses of [url "http://www.incallander.co.uk/scottishsongs/song44.htm"]Kumbaya[/url][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Same here Pat... Thanks for running a great forum, and contributing your knowledge.... and some of yer tackle! [Smile]

When we are hitting the water (ice) again my friend?
[signature]
YOU'RE DA DUDE [cool] TD! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO.....THIS SITE IS YOU!

AT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]TubeBabe is out of town all next week. Wanna do a cold trip to Bear Lake for some whitefish?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I want to give a thanks to you too Pat. You bring more ideas and inventions to this board than I could ever think of[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][black]I gotta jump in and say TD and TB are my Hero's. You both are the reason I come here every day........I LOVE YOU MAN[/black][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Someday we will hit some SOFT water somewhere with you and you jugs and lures and me with the Belly Button lint[laugh][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]"JUGS" and lures???? I ain't goin' there. Hope it's a typo.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And...what makes ya think I won't wave a fairy wand too? I been knowed to do that. Planning on doing more of it next year.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks again, everybody.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Post:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][cool][#0000ff]"JUGS" and lures???? I ain't goin' there. Hope it's a typo.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And...what makes ya think I won't wave a fairy wand too? I been knowed to do that. Planning on doing more of it next year.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks again, everybody.[/#0000ff]
[/size][/black][/font] [Image: clear_shim.gif]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]WHOOPS! I got the J.... well you know what I mean " JIGS"[cool][laugh][laugh] Unless you have one of those little brown jugs![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]That would be way cool. What ever type of wand you wanna wave don't make no difference to me, it all about the same thing GONE FISIN'[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No "little brown jugs"...but maybe a pitcher of SOB* "lemonade"...and with a salt rim on the pitcher.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also...forgot to clarify...is that "belly button lint" from a pierced belly button?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]*SOB...South Of Border[/#0000ff]
[signature]

[size 1][#0000ff]Also...forgot to clarify...is that "belly button lint" from a pierced belly button?[/#0000ff] [/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I know mine isn't....is yours?[laugh][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nope. My only "piercings" are from assorted hooks, knives, fish teeth and spines, cat claws and fingernails. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]No more "personal" questions without a warrant...and my lawyer present.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 5]LMAO[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for nice cyber tubing grounds TubeDad[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]And thanks for helping...when you are around. Glad to see you got your computer thing straightened out and that you are back amongst us.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Oh yeah, thanks also for carrying on the tubing family tradition, in to the next generation. For the benefit of newer members, who do not know that tubeN2 is my son...or that his son "Toobie" is also a tubaholic...here is a picture taken a few years ago in Arizona...on a three generation tubing trip.[/#0000ff]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9369;]
[signature]
Gee. Now I found out whom to blame my son's tubing addiction on.[Wink]. I guess we could pass on some tubing skills to Max and Spooner also. I just have to get them to the point where they aren't wrestling all the time and can teach them to sit quietly in a donut.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]...or teach them to go swimming with a big hook attached to their collars.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]BAIT [/#0000ff]
[signature]