Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been out on the ice yet?
Wow its been awhile, computer troubles. Well, I went out on Lake Wausau last weekend and there was 6-8 inches of ice in the area where i was fishing. Over the 3 days I fished i caught, 70 bluegills, 10 crappie, and 2 shiners! Nothing on the tip ups, i need to change locations and such.
[signature]
Hey guys it's been a while ..
been fishing or looking for safe ice ..

took a little break this week so i'll start a report soon..
[signature]

[size 1]I've been on the ice since the 1st of December.
check out these slabs from Big Sandy.
[Image: HPIM1077.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1070.jpg] [/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20423;]
[Image: HPIM1038.jpg][size 1] [/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20424;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20425;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20426;]
[signature]
Well i mide the trip out yesterday after noon ..
hit Round Lake crow wing co.
ended up in 15' found a few dink perch and lost an eye at the top of the hole ... i was useing a green/red glow jig from north land tackle and 4'' shiner minows from sportland baits.
taking the night off and getting up ealy tomarrow and going to try to hit 3 lake tomarrow we'll see what happeneds. [Smile]
[signature]
Keep it up Iceman!!!
Good fishing to you.
[signature]
HOLY CRAPPIE!!![Wink] Nice slabs my friend. A 12" crappie in my state is newspaper worthy.
[signature]
Thanks,
I get those kind of slabs alot. All with my hand tied hair jig & nothing else.
[Image: 011_8A.jpg]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20442;]
Even right after ice out.
[Image: DSCN0470.jpg]
Here is the jigs i tie.They are 64th's & 80's and some 100th's
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20443;]
[signature]
it all started out in a snow storm but the fish were bitting not hot and heavey but they were there some small and some nice eaters
started out in 14 feet of water caught a few small perch as we moved deeper we found the walleyes and bigger perch ended up in 21 feet of water
Troutman 72 from Catch-n.com with a nice 20"+ eye and 10"perch

[Image: HPIM0083.jpg]
[signature]
Well I have been slacking on my posting lately, but I have been out fishing 6 times since my last post. The fishing hasn't been great but we have gotten some fish here and there.
Crappie Keith,

Those are some great looking fish, what state are you fishing in?

On a different subject, winter is finally here in northern MN. We got some snow over new years and big trucks are finally driving on the ice.

Good luck fishing to everyone, I am going out again tonight.
[signature]
My first post this winter. Ive been busy hunting geese and did quite well with 115 birds this season.

[Image: tailgate2.jpg]

Been on the ice about 7 times and have yet to get skunked. been nailing the eyes pretty good.

this is a 24.5 incher taken by a friend of mine near Detroit lakes friday before xmas. Its a pore pic taken from my cell phone.[Image: eyedownsized.jpg]
[signature]
Bum,

I don't know the lakes towards the cities very well, but hopefully someone on here can help you.

Hattrk,

I am jealous of both of those pictures. We had some good hunting days this fall but nothing like that.
[signature]
Way to ring in, I was wondering what ever happened to ya, I was getting woried you fell in.

now I see you have been to busy to hang around here all day... You lucky Bird Dog...[Tongue]

115 birds, that comes to bird dinner every third day of the year with left overs.... Man thats a lot of stuffin.... congrats... I havent shot a duck nor have I seen ice in a couple years....

its good to hear from ya...
[signature]
Hey guys sorry i haven't been around much i just spent 3 days up in the Bemidji,MN lakes area fishing wasn't the greatest but i fished some new waters..
Monday ended up driving up on 30 miles of glare ice wasn't much fun so on Tuesday we hit it had trying as man as 3 lakes a day much of the time it was trying diff. lures even change to the jig once fish didn't seam to want any thing except spot tailed shiners hook into a fish i could not bring off the bottom on Lake Bemidji 35 feet of water the today was the last day do i thought i would try another lake today same darn thing happened snapped 12 pound test fire line not to sure but it could have been a big pike..
so we ended up the trip with 19 -13'' perch sorry no pic's were taken..

ice was any wheres from 8'' to 16''
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey CrappieKeith,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Those are some fine looking jigs you made. I also like the smaller sizes, but, how do you see things that small to tie them up ? LOL ![/size][/black]
[signature]
Thanks,
it takes some getting used to,but is it worth it.

I'm from PaliSade,Mn.Just above Mille Lacs 30 minutes.
Here's a few photos from last months fishing.
Everyone of these fish came off of the jig and a spring bobber.
[Image: HPIM1195.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1193.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1192.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1186.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1185.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1183.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1181.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1179.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1172.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1169.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1077.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1070.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1064.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1053.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1038.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1039.jpg]
[Image: HPIM1010-1.jpg]
[Image: HPIM0973.jpg]
[Image: HPIM0972.jpg]
[Image: HPIM0969.jpg]
[Image: HPIM0943.jpg]
[Image: HPIM0929.jpg]

I've caught around 1000 for the month.
[signature]
[inline "Pineview Crappies 011inline.JPG"]Here is some good agood ones i found at a local reservoir. I have been catching quite a few lately this size.
[inline inline.JPG]
[signature]
[cool] Keith , are you up by Crosby ? I'm heading up that way at the end of the month for the kids hockey tourney !

[signature]
Flagman, we're heading up to LOTW, last weekend of the month. Gonna be up there playing hockey?

I've so far been fishin' once. No luck with getting up the nerve to hit the ice since spring came and it started raining. LOL. I need to find some time to travel to the north country.
[signature]
I was planning on musseling in on crappie keith hot sopt, do ya think I can talk those gals from the rink in to being my personal body guard?

according from what I have seen from nasa, I wont be seeing any ice till after 2011. not untill those solar explosions slow down....
[signature]
I'm about 20 minutes over from Crosby due east.Just on the other side of Aitkin witch is 10 minutes from Crosby on hwy 169.

Oh ,anyone wants to come over ,get going. 218-845-8801 just call me & I'll set you right on top of those slabbers.
[signature]