Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Tip for rods
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]While the ol' man is getting into building rods, he is coming up with some cool ideas and suggestions.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]One that he is doing now, you got a rod and the cork looks like it is falling apart. TRUE OIL the stuff for gun stocks(sp). Take a coffee filter (no dust or lint) put the true oil on it and wipe your cleaned cork. Keep adding coats with a scuff with very fine sandpaper or steelwool. This will fill in the holes. You can leave it shinny cause it really isn't slippery or you can scuff the last coat for a mat finish. It is really cool.[/size][/black][/font]
[Image: Cork002.jpg]
[signature]
Now that is cool.. I was wondering in one of the other pictures that you posted if there was a specific design on the handle.. now I know what it is.. that is just awesome looking.. and the really cool part is that no two handles will ever be the same.. now how unique is that...???

MacFly[cool]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Looks good to me. Can we all send our rods to you for a do over? BTW this is a good tip. Who says that you can't learn something new on the FF&T board.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[shocked]Ohhhh Cool! That is just too handsome to fish with.
But I'm sending my Rods in with Dry Rod's for that Delux treatment.
[signature]