Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview
Went to Pineview this morning . Took me about a hour to find the perch . but the fishing was hot for about 2 hours . I lost more than I landed (12) . I think I found Ice Fishing Gods honey hole . 9 of the 12 were 10" fattys . All but one were females . It was snowing when I got there , then it cleared up some and the wind took charge . They were hitting every thing I sent down to the bottom . I was using a kastmaster above a ratfinkie (glow) and green tube jig . I missed alot but figure out they were hitting my kastmaster and I didn't have it rigged up with a hook . Once I installed a hook I started catching a few more on it . the wind blew me off and I left for home and stopped down at Hooked Fishing Tackle to visit with James . Now I need to get cooking . tight lines everyone
[signature]
Hi there Hellsangler69,
Could you tell me how thick the ice was? If it was as good as it sounds, it would be great to go. Let me know A.S.A.P., please.
[signature]
HA69,

Glad to hear you did O.K. and liked the spot. You should have bought that second pole permit and caught you a Musky too. Sorry we can't hook up Saturday but, JMIG and I have to work. Since we are leaving very soon looks like ice fishing is over for me until fall. Good Luck and one day I might even teach you the Bahrainian fish chant.

IFG
Ice was 10 " thick . My first step I broke thru when getting on the ice . Ice is soft and thin for about 3' . I was fishing off cemetery point , third point on the south side . Most of the morning I was the only one there . I was fishing in 30' of water on bottom .I was hoping to score a crappie but no luck . Oh yeah , I forgot to say they were hitting good with a lot of action . So get jiggy with it .
[signature]
You can't leave yet . The ice fishing is starting to pick up now . Well take care , hurry back for next year ice fishing . Bahrainian Fish Chant , you must fill me in as I need all the help possible ( My wife tells me I need help all the time ) . I try to keep those perch in check while you're gone .
[signature]
hey glad to hear pineview is doing good, hey i found your honey hole on the river , got a bign too.
[signature]
[Wink] Glad ya found it . I need to hit the rivers again . I usually catch my biggest browns in march . Sometimes they are a little thin from the winter , but eager to feed . I need to get over to Deer Creek Res. and check it out . I hear it is getting low .
[signature]
well hey if your planin on comin by heber give me a shout ill be glad to hit the river or deer creek with ya.
[signature]