Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civilian Marksmanship Program
The CMP are for shooters who belong to a gun club or any of the service orginizations such as the DAV, VFW or AI. They sell surplus military guns at a really good price. You can look them up on the net and get all the information. I have just sent away for a M-1 Garand in service grade for 550.00. That is a good price for one of the best military rifles made.
[signature]
The CMP is a great organization, committed to training the American public in marksmanship and firearms safety. In the past, they have also sold Mossberg .22 training rifles for less than $100 each to qualified individuals. In addition to military surplus weapons (including Garands, 1903's, 1917's, sometime M1 Carbines, and other oddities) they sell surplus .30-06 ammo and commercially loaded .22 LR ammunition. They also sell competition airguns and supplies. If you are not a member of an affiliated gun club (shooting club) or veterans assn. there are options available to you including some gun collectors associations and state rifle and pistol associations. CMP maintains a list for your convenience. Most organizations are very inexpensive to join, if you aren't yet a member of an affiliated organization.

Check out their website:
http://www.odcmp.org

In addition to the service grade Garands, they also have lesser grade, but functional rack grade Garands for as low as ~$400.

I recall CMP having a qualification program. I recall participating in that program through a local shooting club, small bore prone.
[signature]