Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barometric Pressure Question
Do you guys really think it makes a Difference in fishing? If so which way is the best.. during a change... High press.. Low... How about full moon vs NO moon... And last what about water temp?... If Im fishing at like 80-100ft deep does any of those really matter that deep? Thanks!
[signature]
High pressure is definitely better than low pressure. I was up at Scofield last Saturday during that low pressure storm and the bite was horribly slow. I've been out other times and noticed the same thing. I'm not sure what it does to the fish but it seems to make them a little screwy. We had fish under us but they would just come in and take a look but not bite. I switched jigs and bait many times, but nothing was the hot ticket.
[signature]
I'm sure interested in the responses to this question, it's bugged me for a long,long time! This year i'm gonna try to keep a calendar or my fishing trips and record the status of the weather, wind, storms and pressure and see if i can figure something out if anything!!
[signature]
Craig: Here's a link to a 90-post thread that addresses more about fish and the barometer than you'll ever want to know. In short, deep water fish feel more of a change by swimming up and down a few feet than any atmospheric change can produce. Draw your own conclusion.
[url "http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=560084"]http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=560084[/url]
Water temp varies little in deep water. The moon has no effect in deep water. Don't worry about it, just go.

Just fish like I showed you, focus, and stay loose so you can set the hook!
[signature]
I've got some early August days. That month was pretty good this past year.
[signature]
[black]Here are some of my thoughts on weather, presure, full/ no moon.[/black]
like tarponjim stated in the post, it's not the presure that affectes them, it's the sudden change in weather/temp. then once the change has happened it takes some fish about 3 days to get active again. as long as the weather has been a stable pattern (good/bad) for a few days more fish will be more active.
fullmoon, I try to avoid fishing day time after a fullmoon. fishing at night during a fullmoon has been good to me.
there was a few times that I fished all night during a fullmoon and I did pretty good during the night, but when the sun came up the bite was over. but on a no moon of night fishing the fishing was a little slower at night but pretty good in the morning when the sun came up. these are some of my observations over 12 years of fishing deer creek for walleye.
later chuck
[signature]