Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Striped Bass
Should be a good spring for bass. Usually when the winter is very cold you get a lot of sandeels in the spring.This should be good for the flyrod fishermen and the light tackle guys. Heavy rains today melting the 20" of snow from last week. I hope spring is on the way!
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Welcome to the on-line community. I hope spring it on the way too. We also have a great spring run of Rockfish. What sizes are you catching and how do you catch them.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the welcome. Fishing is at a standstill right now except in the hot water out-flows of some of the power plants. I'm not one of the experts in this area, but I do get my share of fish. In the spring and summer I fish from a kayak for whatever is dumb enough to attack my lures and bait. My wife and I spend a lot of time on the beaches in the area with our Dodge dually with a slide-on camper. A good portion of the Fall is spent at Montauk Point in a wet suit chaseing Bass and Blues. If you want to get big fish up here it's best done at night with live eels. No weight, just a heavy leader, a 6/0 circle hook and fish it like a lure. LIfe is good Big Grin.

I belong to the Long Island Beach Buggy Assn., Montauk Surf Casters, And believe it or not the North Carolina Beach Buggy Assn. I joined the NCBBA over the internet and have yet to visit the area. Some day I'll get lucky and get there.

John
[signature]
The fishing down on the Great Texas coast is all year long!
Now for the lower 48's, that is hard to beat!

Have you ever had the oppertunity to fish the southern waters?

I also want to tell you:
WELCOME TO THE GREAT AND GROWING BFT MESSAGE BOARDS!

Hope your spring comes early and you got a digital cam. If you look around on the boards you will find that we all like pic's and discriptions of your encounters on the water.

You can trust I will be watching for your future posts.
[signature]
Hope to retire in about two years to a warm place in the south. It will be somewhere from N. Carolina to Florida ( Texas might be nice too Big Grin ). Most of my fishing is from the shoreline, not too much of a boat guy. Yes, I have a digital camera and when the fishin' picks up I'll post some photos. As far as tackle, my go to rod is a 10' lamiglass graphite with a 200 van staal loaded with 30 lb. powerpro. I fish live eels quite a bit with that setup
[signature]