Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Ford park lake
Any bass worth catching here?
[signature]

Hey there OneWhoFishes,

On the California DFG site they have a 'Fishing in the Cities' program which have details on all the park lakes and the trout planting schedule page gives you which of the lakes have been planted and when with trout and catfish.

You may be familiar with the site.......

JapanRon
[signature]
Simply Call the D.F.G. office in Los Alamitos,ask the Secretary for the FISH STOCK PHONE NUMBER, for REGION #5....this is the most reliable source of stockings per. week. Please Keep in mind,The "Fishing in the City"program has been Hit HARD,by "Big Elected" boys,that Don't understand,HOW important this is to Adults,and Youth..So "I" emphisize,to All,Don't Blame the D.F.G.,for not allways stocking lakes "AS" they plan."I" myself,as well as a "Few" good people,are working hard to Maintain,this "Source of Family Fun" to continue for the future,but for these little lakes to be rebourne,"WE ALL MUST TAKE A ACTIVE ROLE,A GET INVOLVED!!!Start A Local fishing Club,mentor some local kids,Voulnteer,to teach a Class to Youth,about fishing...You Can Make A Diference to All the Lakes, Mentioned, but The State of California Governers Office Needs To Know About it!!!!!!The Answer to the Question,IS "What Kind of Fish,Can 'I' Catch at This Lake and all others? "I" would say, the State,D.F.G. can't afford to actively stock MY, local Lake?....."TRUE".... Talk to your local parks Recreation Director, and GET INVOLVED........Besides,Who Would You Like To Teach Your Kids To FISH? You Or ME? I have MY LAKE,AND I've Taught Thousands and still going...Thats How Fish Get There!
[signature]

Hey there ROMEROFISHERKING,

As usual, good post and good info for the uninitiated. Certainly for people that don't have internet (often I do a duh on this one) the phone is a great idea. We used to have to listen to a pre-recorded message. Otherwise I've found the DFG has the announced plantings for the next week on their site on Sunday. Not only that, but they offer a service where THEY will email you every week when the planting schedule page is updated!

The comments I made on specific lakes comes from being a park lake rat for a whole bunch of years. Other lakes in the list I've also fished but I wouldn't say anything about them if I hadn't fished them regularly or visited recently.

You dedication and efforts towards the general fishing public is awesome. Thank you.

JapanRon
[signature]