Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cerritos Park lake
Did not even know there was a lake in there anybody try this place.
[signature]

Hey there OneWhoFishes,

This lake is near my house. They renovated it last year so the bass population is sparce but existant. Caught a 5lb bass on the fly there 3 years ago. They plant both trout and catfish. Lots of anglers. I flyfish the place as there are a lot of aireators and a good shallow area. Deepest part of the lake about 30-40 feet. Birds not such a problem.

Fish gone real quick!

JapanRon
[signature]
Any luck there this year or last worth mentioning?
[signature]

Hey there OneWhoFishes,

I go to the DFG trout plant site and if Cerritos Lake is scheduled I go to check it out. I flyfish but bait fishing seems to be better on the catching side.

For me lots of excercise but guys have told me that the fish do a flurry around dark and hit whatever is on the surface. Lots of bugs around there so the trout must say Yumm! All are hatchery fish and I thought I would tie a fly the shape and color of the feed pellets th DFG use but that might be unfair! ha ha ha

JapanRon
a.k.a.tsurikichi
[signature]
[cool]Ah-h-h-h. The old "pellet hackle". Nothing like matching the hatch...or hatching the match...or however it goes.

In cases like that, try a white deerhair "marshmallow bug". Tame trout get used to sucking marshmallows and bread off the water. A clipped down white deer hair morsel, about the size of a dime, will get slurped by trout...and some big old mean carp too. It floats well and is easy to see in low light.
[signature]
Hello Guys,[size 1]

I'm not familiar with Cerritos Park but am close by to Cerritos, where is it? I'll be the Gianni pig and test her out (probably can get over there this weekend).[/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hey there theangler,

If the DFG has the lake listed on their trout stock schedule the fish should have been planted wednesday or today and the weekend will produce fish. If they didn't plant this week, and you want to go for trout, the lake will be a challenge. With bass biting close by I'd just a soon try the other fishin' hole.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello JapanRon,

Any suggestions on how best to find out if they planted? I just went to the DFG site and coudn't find info on it?

What have you heard about a good Bass Bite?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Sorry about that theangler,

I use Google.com as my search engine then I input keywords such as DFG trout planting schedule area 5. You're right it's not easy to find the page from their home page but I believe its under stocking program and should be found in a link relating to the urban lakes fishing program.

That should be enough to do it!

JapanRon
[signature]
You're The MAN, Thanks for the heads:

[url "http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fishplant/plant5.html"]http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fishplant/plant5.html[/url]
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator
JapanRon,

That is killer! Great info on trout plants! I was on the boards asking about Trabucco Creek a few months back just wondering if there were still fish in the creek (I use to fish it 10+ years ago). Apparently they just planted out there, so that answers that question. Thanks again.

Doesn't look like they planted at Cerritos, were was the good Bass bite you mentioned? I have a new Bass Assasin from Bettencourt Baits I have been waiting to test out.

Anybody Fish Santa Ana Lately?
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hey there theangler,

Try your bassin at El Dorado Park for the next week or so. Costs to get in unless you get a year pass. Vehicle pass is 1 year from the day bought! Got a bicycle? Fish and get in free!

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello JapanRon,

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give it a shot. Hope to see ya there!
[signature]

TheAngler BFT Moderator