Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golf Courses
Now back east on long Island and In arizona one of the places for big bass have always been the local golf courses. How well does california greens keepers take to fisherman?
[signature]
There is a golf course in vegas with 13 res. loaded with big bass catfish carp etc. used to fish it all the time under the cover of darkness and never got caught.

aquaman
[signature]

Hey there Onewhofishes,

In Southern California don't even try such a thing. Recently a member of a golf course was fishing as he was doing his golfing. Bad idea! Management had him arrested and he was found guilty in criminal court. He paid thru the nose. They probably shoot trespassers!

Even kids are being caught and their parents stand to face fines, etc.

Life ain't like it used to be where you could go down to the local marina and fish off the boat docks if guys knew you cleaned up after yourself and were polite.

Glad I had the experiences pity the younger generations to come.

JapanRon
a.k.a.tsurikichi
[signature]
I feel that Ron. It is getting harder and harder to find a good fishin hole even some of the old ones I fished in the past and go back to visit are not really the same.

Guess I need to buy my own lake in order for my future children to be able to enjoy the sport without any harrasment.
[signature]
Hey Guys,

I know there is a few good courses in Southern Cal. A few guys from this board used to get some nice Bass from a few different courses. As some of you mentined I think there is a bit of risk associated at some places which is why they went by the name the "Stealth Anglers", they even pulled off a couple mini stealth derbies complete with give-aways.

Hey Booyaa, wasn't there a course that you knew about that was alright with people fishing it as long as it was off hours?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I used to live in Lakewood CA and hit the nature center that is(was) part of El Dorado park-at night. You hop the fence on the riverbed side. That was 12-15 years ago-but there was some huge bass(solid 6-12pnds.) in there, and the biggest bluegill in the world. Just found this site a couple days ago-whoever runs it great job. I miss the ocean fishing so bad it hurts-lived in St. George,UT for the past 11 years-but I'll be back to socal-centralcal someday. How is the calicos on the Horseshoe and Catalina been lately. Went out of Oxnard last summer-limits of Sandies but all little 1-3 pounders. How about the bonito/yellowtail-man I miss catching fish that pull back. Planned on going this summer/fall to dego for the tuna bite but never made it. I gotta go before I get to homesick. Later.
[signature]
Hey all.

I used to sneak into the Wild life sanctuary across the steet from Legg Lake when I was a young lad and absolutely sleigh bass, drop shotting a plastic worm.

Friends of mine without mentioning names (Lola, Illin, and the Angler) were spending some quality evenings throwing all Black Terminators on the 6th, 9th and 14th green catching 1-7 pound bass.

There could definitely be some consequences if Jupert T. Justice should happen to throw a drive-by.

The fish are there, make sure Johnny isn't.

Bohawg, you have to make time to get down here and fish. Catalina is ripe right now for seabass and yellows. Coronados is holding phat Yellows averaging 15-28 pounds yo-yo ing heavy iron and some on surface jigs under the birds. Horseshoe is fair right now for 2-6 pound Sand bass.

What time of year where you thinking of coming down?
[signature]