Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dedicated Hunter Project
I need to get volunteers and DH's to help put up a deer fence in Leeds, UT (near Quail Creek and Sand Hollow Reservoir). I'll need 8 on Jan 20, 8 on February 3, and 8 on February 17. This is another great opportunity to get your Dedicated Hunter hours done so you don't have to stress about it this fall.

-Gary Bezzant, Volunteer Services Coordinator, DWR Southern Region
[signature]
Ive never done the dedicated hunter program but i am interested in it when is the dead line and what are the qualifications and what do i need to do
[signature]
The details will be in the proclamation which should be available hard copy next week, and is currently available online at the Divsions Website.

In short, to join the program you must first pass an online conservation course which should also be available soon at the DWR website. Once you have passed that course you need to fill out an application and either mail it in to the Salt Lake office or take it into any division office along with $195. The division then issues you what is called a Certificate of Registration (C.O.R.). To get your first permit you need to complete 8 hours of service (the DWR website has links to available project lists in each region). To obtain a permit your second year you need to complete an additional 16 hours of service and attend a RAC meeting. Then the 3rd year if you have not already harvested two deer you will automatically get a tag.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have anymore questions.

Gary Bezzant, Southern Region Volunteer Services Coordinator, DWR
GaryBezzant@utah.gov
[signature]
thanks for the info i am really interested ill be in contact with you soon
[signature]
[size 1]$195? You have to pay $195, and do community service so you can get a tag?[/size]
[signature]