Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear lake report, no macks for us but…..
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]We did catch a few nice cutts. We got a late start, launching around 9:30am but that was good because it had warmed up to 18* by then. We started off jigging at Gus Rich point and picked up a smaller cutt, then moved toward the Rock pile. We saw Fishing waters his son and Old_Coot on the pile, good seeing you guys again, they were catching a few but we went zip. We started trolling but still couldn’t catch another fish, so we moved over and starting jigging in front of the State parks marina. It was getting late but we thought we would move one last time and fish the New Rock piles, I’m sure glad we did. We started jigging and I caught a nice 22 inch cutt to start off the last round. We ended up catching four more for a total of 6 for the day before we headed in. Dan had big fish of the day honors with this nice 24 incher. It sure was nice to get up to the big blue one more time this year. Two more weeks before the cisco run starts, can’t wait for the next round. WH2 [/font][/size]
[signature]
Good looking fish Curt. Maybe I will have my boat back in time to chase some cisco and macks.
[signature]
Thanks Kent and good luck on your trip tomorrow, sounds like it should be a fun trip. I hope your able to get your boat back in time for the cisco run, it should be fun. If it goes like it has in years past it should still be going in third weekend as well.
[signature]
Looks like the 24" fish is a wild fish. It is funny how every cutt I have caught over 22" out of there has been wild. They are pretty fish when they have some size to them! Maybe someone else will catch him when he is 28".
[signature]
Nice report Kurt. Glad you guys could find a few cooperative fish...too bad that 24" fish is so puny...kind of a runt when compared to berry cutts...eh BLM???[Tongue]
[signature]
Yea, the bigger ones seem to have more color. We release all our trout unless their injured. So far the largest cutt to date is 8 lbs but I'm sure they get larger than that. WH2
[signature]
Is there a story waiting to be told here? We are talking about a 5 lb or larger cutt, lets hear the story guys, bring it on[cool]
[signature]
[Wink] Nice fish Curt. Good on ya. How much snow up that way?
[signature]
Not much but more than we have down here maybe two or three inches. A lot of it has melted, we even saw at least one boat launch from the shore near the Rock pile. We drove up through Wyoming and gas was $2.05, what a deal.
[signature]