Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Finder Help
Ok so I am tired of this bottom line fish finder it is probably me but I cant get the thing to work for ice fishing.. I cant see any fish no matter how I change it... even though I am catching fish I cant see them... it worked ok for my pontoon but would not work on strawberry...

so I am asking for help on finding a new fish finder.. I am wondering about the advantages between a digital display like the bottom line and a flasher like the vexilar... which one is better and if price is not really a consideration, I can get anything under $1000 which fish finder would you buy...

it will only be used for ice fishing and I fish for mainly trout but I would like to fish pineview and some other locations which I have not had a chance to yet... thanks for the help
[signature]
There have been numerous recent threads on this exact topic, some of the threads are on this forum. I suggest that you read the threads on this forum, and also do a search for "fish finder" on the Utah Fishing forum.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey ajensen83,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]If you have a budget of $1000, your choices are just about unlimited. For that much money, you could get both an LCD and a Flasher of very good quality.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]They both seem to have advantages and both will work equally on ice. One of the best ways of helping in your decision, would be to go out and fish with someone that has a quality LCD and someone that has a good Flasher. Then, you could better choose which format best suits your individual fishing method and needs.[/size][/black]
[signature]