Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anything new?
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Has anyone bought or received as a gift anything that might be considered new or better? Be in clothes, rod, reel, lines etc, etc. I didn't buy it but at a recent show saw a new wader being offered by Simms that has a water proof zipper plus several other goodies. The price was the biggest change at $ 699.95. [/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20663;]
[signature]
$700 buckes for waders? Sheesh, I'd take a chance on cold water costing me a leg for that--I'll bet I could get a decent prosthesis for around the same.
[signature]
[reply]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Has anyone bought or received as a gift anything that might be considered new or better? Be in clothes, rod, reel, lines etc, etc. I didn't buy it but at a recent show saw a new wader being offered by Simms that has a water proof zipper plus several other goodies. The price was the biggest change at $ 699.95. [/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=20663;] [/reply]
these waders are the monthly prize on another bulletin board.. if I could only be so lucky..... :-)
[signature]
mama santa was good to me and let loose of some cash so I was able to buy the new Orvis rocky mountain turbine reel with a spare spool... this is the reel that FG clued us in on about a month ago.. it is a sweet looking and feeling reel (have not used it yet)... I am slowly setting up a new rig and this reel is the first part.. looking to buy new lines and rod in the near future... thank you FG for the advice and tip on this great reel... [cool]

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Even I think that is out of the ballpark. I don't care how water proof the zipper is. What is a zipper doing in waders in the first place?[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I think WJ or Patagonia also have a zipper wader but more around the $499. price, which in my business, if they last 6 years is good.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[#800000]FG.. your insight, knowledge, and experience on items like this far exceed mine... in which case I bow to your expertise and opinion... my only comment is that I do wish I could be so lucky as to win a set of these from that other site... then I would be another 1/4 step closer to being set up ... [cool]

MacFly
[/#800000]
[signature]
Hey flygoddess. You are right about the zipper thingy. Velcro, straps and seamless joints are better for waders.

Geeeze. The next thing you know, they will try to come up with trying to use velcro reel seats and duct taped guides on the flyswatters.

Zippers belong on the pocket of the tubes/toons.[cool]
[signature]