Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gooy duck
I got both a chuckle and and ouch out of it yesterday.

Its pronounced Gooy-Duck but is realy spelled geoduc

If ever there was a spectator sport this is it....

I was somewhat watching something on pbs here yesterday, having to do with foods from around the world. On one part this guy had his girfriend out with him trying to catch gooey ducks. when all of a sudden I heard her screaming so I had to come back in to see what all the excitement was about,

then she yells I am not going to tell you what this feels like,

I got back to the set only to find a man with a shovel digging a hole on the beach and a girl in a swim bare foot and swimsuit trying to grab something from under the muck at the bottom that hole.

then she scream I got it I got it and begins to pull it out of the muck and as she got part of it out of the hole it squirted her in the face. it spooked her so she let go and had to go muck diving again...

I was rolling over laughing... then she finaly got two hands on it and pulled it up out of the muck, then my gut started hurting cause I was laughing so hare when I saw what she pulled up from the hole...

interesting looking critter to say the least.

first time I ever heard of them, aperrently they are a dellicacy. they are used in sushy. (no wonder I never heard of it, I likes my fish cooked)

then came the ouch part, they threw it in to a pot of boiling water for about 6 seconds then skinned it.. Yyyyyyeeeeeoooooooooch!!![shocked]

I think I will stick to clam chowder....[Tongue]

I was going to post a picture, then in my search for one I found an artical that will give ya a chuckle or two...

after reading the following artical, seeing the pictures then thinking back to the girl on the pbs show, you too will have troubles keeping your mind out of the muck...[angelic]

the artical will tell you how to track them across the beach. all the tools you need to land one.

[url "http://www.tonywhite.net/Goeduck.htm"]http://www.tonywhite.net/Goeduck.htm[/url]

any way the guy on the show said they were little known about on the east coast but are found from the carolinas all the way up in to main and canada.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
gooy duck - by davetclown - 01-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Re: [davetclown] gooy duck - by Tarpon4me - 01-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Re: [Tarpon4me] gooy duck - by davetclown - 01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Re: [davetclown] gooy duck - by Tarpon4me - 01-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Re: [davetclown] gooy duck - by tubeN2 - 01-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Re: [tubeN2] gooy duck - by davetclown - 01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Re: [davetclown] gooy duck - by tubeN2 - 01-12-2007, 03:30 AM