Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting season is over!
Well, hunting season ended here in S.C. last week. I only got one chance to hit the woods the entire season. Even though I didn't see anything, my father in law managed to shoot 2 this year, which is outstanding considering the tiny piece of woods he hunts behind his house. Of course I had the pleasure of gutting and quartering them for him, since he's not physically capable of doing it. It's no big deal, they were smaller deer and I had them skinned and quarterd in like 15 minutes. I had a small doe given to me, which turned into some awesome jerkey. I don't think there is a meat better suited for making jerkey than a small Doe. When I cleaned that deer, the meat was so tender the back straps litterly peeled off.

I'm definately a meat hunter, not a trophy hunter. I leave the trophy hunting to fishing. I'm not too fond of the meat of a larger deer anyhow, it's tough and strong.

Well fellars, I just thought i'd post the seasons results now that it's over. I was hoping my oldest son would get his first deer this year, but he didn't. His Grandpa tried, but no success. He's just now learning to sit still in the stand. LOL, he'll figure it out one day when he's a little older. Even though I didn't get to shoot anything this year, it was still a good season. I've got to embrace the spoils of the deer that were shot in the form of some great stew, pan fried cube steak, and some home made jerkey. I hope everyone else had a great season.
[signature]
I cut up my 4th animal(3 deer,1 elk) last night. It was a good year for me.
[signature]
for me deer season started slow,with the first week in the woods and only seeing 4 small deer that were out of range after that things started to pick up.getting a nice doe with the shotgun,then a larger spick at the end of shotgun season,followed by 2 does a week apart with blackpowderi wished i had got one more,to make up hot and sweet sausage to last the year,but there is always next year
[signature]
I ended up with a Bear , and two does , and a good pheasant hunt in S.D (163 birds between 14 hunters ). But the favorite thing was , Flaggirl , my daughter , turned 12 during the season , so she got to go out the last half and she bagged a small buck ! That meant more to me than anything I could have shot this year , was to see her smiling face on that cold morning ! Oh ya , 1 shot , and it was down !! [Smile]

[signature]
Awesome! They eliminated the age restriction for small game in utah so i have to start working on my 3 1/2 year old. He'll be good to go by 6.[Wink]
[signature]
My son, sailfish4me, just turned 11 this past October. I think he saw one buck out of all the trips his grandpa took him on, and it was too dark to see him through the scope to get a legit shot. From what I understood, it was a nice buck. Oh well, there's always next season. However, he did spank some booty in the fishing section this year. He missed total weight in saltwater 16 species contest by like 5 inches, and had the largest fish caught. It was such an awesome fish, almost a 5 foot long Great Barracuda. Yall should check that thing out in the photo gallery under the 16 species contest. He beat my biggest barracuda by almost 2 feet. He had a pretty impressive year on the angling end. LOL, I spent most of my time skippering, so him and my father in law caught most of the fish. But after almost 20 years of saltwater angling growing up on the coast, I don't mind spectating the majority of the time. I've caught my share of trophy fish in my life, and sure there are a couple that are still on the list, but it's way more fun to watch a child catch something.
[signature]