Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question for dryrod
The wife and I might be coming down your way and wondered about the fishing around indio and sun city. no floating be on foot probably. how much are 1-2day tags what fly etc. If I do come down it will be the 10th-17th feb. She has a friend in sun city and it's possible I might be able to let her visit while I get lost.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]DryRod, Poky-mon is use to wind. they call those 60 mile an hour winds a breezy day up there in Idaho.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Flies to use. I have yet to fish any of the lakes mentioned however, guess that you can apply the general guidelines based on water temperature and depth of the water to be fished. Since the bass like warmer waters 60-80º they will probably be too deep to locate from shore. Rental boats are available in most of these lakes. If so then a variety of streamers would probably be effective. Wooly buggers, clouser minnows, marabou muddlers and the like. While we can have a heat spell [90s-100º] in February the night time temps will help to keep the water temp in the 50’s. If I were planning such a trip, I would contact the places I was planning to fish and ask them what flies have been working in February on their lake. Also inquire about recent trout plants, etc. When I [/size][/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][size 3][green]travel I will take my bag of flies which includes everything that I may need, plus the kitchen sink. The link that I provided includes phone numbers for your reference. Good luck.[/green][/size][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]DryRod, Poky-mon is use to wind. they call those 60 mile an hour winds a breezy day up there in Idaho.[/size][/black][/font] [/reply]

Yep its breezy and last night it was about -10 Last night Idaho falls -19 at the 10pm weather
BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Talk about crazy weather - last week our temps were in the 90s. Today at noon our high so far is 44º. It gets a bit cooler in the desert. Go figure.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Hey there poky-mon.

The 2007 license fees jumped up just a little bit but then again, so did the gas prices.

The 1 day license will now cost 12.10 and the 2 day is 18.65 .

Let me know when you guys are in the area. I would be glad to meet you at Lake Elsinore, Lake Mathews or even invite you up to one of my Floatable, Flyswatting grounds.

Elsinore is good with the Trout and Bluegills right now. I'm sure you have a few larve imitations hanging around. Latex??[Wink]

Give me a holler when you are in the neighborhood. I can shoot you a PM or to Flygoddess with my #.

I do have a few higher elevation spots too in the San Bernardino mountains.

Nymphs and Emergers would fall into play there.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Ooops - thanks for mentioning the license fee tubeN2. Just noticed that I inserted the 2006 license information.[/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Will go back and correct same. Do you have a pair of ice skates that I may borrow? Thought that I would try them on my pool today. LOL,[Tongue] It never got above 46º at my house today. What had you in mind up in the Berdo mountains?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
hey steve sent you a pm give a call and we can chat when where etc.
[signature]
I have a few of the runoff creeks that I rabble rouse from time to time. These actually feed out of Bear Lake as well as Jenks lake.

They have some good C&R wild locals in them. You could either match the hatch while you are there or go for the old favorite, Red Ants on a # 30 hook.[cool]
[signature]
I got your PM and I'm sure you got mine. I have some good spots planned out. Hopefully the weather won't hinder our access.

There is too much paranoia when we get snow in the mountains. Sometimes they won't let me in even after telling them that I lived in UT for as long as I did.

I will make sure that we at least have a few decent spots to choose from when you get here.[cool]
[signature]
What part of Idaho are you in?? I used to live there for awhile.[cool]
[signature]
I live in Poky-tello as to why evil ash gave me my name.
Heres another pic of my vicious dog
[signature]
I'm very familiar with Pocatello. One of my cousins used to be the manager of the fairgrounds over there.

I used to live in Rigby and had a chance to fish some of the fine fisheries of ID.[cool]
[signature]