Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shogun freezer special
I will be coming down to Calif. in March for a 3 day freezer special.Have any of you been on one of these trips?If so, is this standard deepwater stuff or is it the shallower type.Also, what is the possession limit for this trip?Any other info will help.I'll be coming down from Utah where this morning it is a sunny 8 degrees!!! Thanks!
[signature]
We have some surprise weather for us too. Around 25 degrees last night.

That sounds like you could be making a yellowtail trip or some possible tuna.

The limits are changing from time to time so when you get here please ask the Capt of the boat.

Typically you can take up to 10 yellows per day as long as they are over 24 inches or at least half of them over the 24 inch mark.

Tuna species will vary from one to the other.

If you are on a multi day trip, you are allowed multi day limits.

I can almost figure that your trip will be down in Baja as a multi day trip. The limits are slightly different in Mexico than they are from here.

In Mexico you can almost fish at any depth desired. There should still be some good Red Snapper and Ling Cod right now too.

Plan on Tuna, Yellowtail, Wahoo, Roosterfish and possible Rock Cod.

tight lines and good luck[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the info! I booked a spot on the March 2nd trip.These trips are billed as freezer specials with the intent of filling up on big reds and lings in pretty much virgin areas while getting to fish on a deluxe long range boat..Just thinking about getting out of this sub zero weather makes me feel better already![cool]Maybe some fellow Utah BFT'ers would want to go.There are 8 spots left
[signature]