Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm gonna give'er a try tomorrow
Well, the weather is just so nice, i'm going to head to the river tomorrow. 75 degrees in the middle of winter, you've gotta love that. I'm going to the Little Pee Dee and see if I can snag a few live baits to toss to the flatheads. I know the water is really high, but maybe we'll get lucky and fish will be hungry. I'll be posting how it goes when I get home tomorrow night. Maybe i'll get a few and i'll have some pictures to post.[cool]

I might toss a lure to a couple bass while i'm out there too, we'll just have to see.
[signature]
Well, we tried it, "tried" being the word. We hit all the bait stores on the way to the river, all of which were out of live bait. So, we fished the river only with artificial bait.

I hit two holes on the Little Pee Dee that i've caught crappie in, and not a one of us got a hit. I also tossed a few bass lures to try and snagg one, but no luck. The water was higher than I've ever seen it, so i'm sure we were wasting our time, but the boat ride was nice.

The current was really strong, i'm sure that the cats were in the holes, but I couldn't get a single live bait. I hope some of you other fellers had better luck than me.
[signature]
Doesn't sound like you had good conditions, but at least you got out in 75 degree weather. 7-8 weeks before we go for the spring striper excursion.
[signature]
It was a great day on the water anyhow. I just wish the water was a few feet lower than it was. It would have been nice to snag a few nice cats. It's rough fishing that river. It's not like alot of the bigger rivers like Santee. The larger lakes and rivers have a bait and tackle store every couple miles that sell live bait. On the smaller rivers, you're on your own. The smaller rivers don't have shad, so you have to catch all the live bait on rod and reel. If the water's high, chances are you might as well just enjoy the boat ride. [cool]
[signature]