Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Big Winner (AzBassman)
[cool]Hey, Bro. Did you get hooked up with your gift certificate for the post of the week last week? If so, how did you use it? Anything good?

Also, how did the Bartlett tourney go? Should have been good weather. Looks like we are going to get some more liquid in our lakes. Yeeeehaaaah!
[signature]
Dude,

Well my buddie didnt do so well he stayed up in the river and mid lake which were more muddy than the week before( I guess it took time to filter on down) but I think he ended up in 30th or somethin, On the other hand my other friend that fished it won with a 4.8 kicker yeah I said it 4.8 out of bartlett caught on a jig somewhere south of the main marina.

I hit Saguaro with all the power squadrons but I didnt mind I was catching fish, Caught six fish in three hours and snapped a goodin on some lite line a guess would be 9+. Most of the guys I talked to had one or two fish as well. I just transfered my Bartlett bite on over to the Salt and it seemed to work with a little change. At Bartlett they didnt want the lizards but they liked the worm, at Saguaro they didnt like the worm but they liked the Lizard. Cant wait to go back all fish were less than 10 feet in 60 degree water (did I hear someone say Spawn?) but the best part of it all was the antics at boat ramp #2 on the way out. First off some guy launched his old Glastron boat right onto the concrete ramp, winched the boat back on the tralier and continued to launch in the water and last I saw he was off into the narrows, not even looking to see what kinda damage the boat had before relaunching.

Next was my favorite off all time. Best I have ever seen

After holding my side from the first incident a guy and his gal start loading their 200K cigarette boat. Both truck doors open and loud obnoxious music blarring well after getting the boat all secured the guy (acting to cool) makes it to the truck jumps in and starts pulling away. This GOD AWFUL sound as he was making his way up the ramp.......he forgot to raise both motors and was draggin skidds and props up the ramp through the tie down area and on up the road, where he stopped noone knows. The funny part was half of the boat ramp was running after him yellin to stop but since he had his cool stereo blastin he didnt hear a word and just kept on going up up the hill while digging two inch gash in the concrete all the way out. I can just imagine what those twin motors looked like when he was done.

So I will be returning somewhere sometime this week, I would like to make up to Apache I hear that the smallies are bitting decent and the largemouth are stagging.

Fish on

Jesse
[signature]
[cool]Who cares about that silly fishing stuff. Did you get your certificate and if so, what did you order?

Seriously, that was funny about the launchers and take outs. I have seen some great ones myself...including the all-too-common leaving the plug out and having the boat develop a case of heavy water syndrome. And we have all seen the entire rig...including tow vehicle...roll down into the water when there were no brakes, bad brakes, ice or idiots. I've often wondered if the marina concessions pay those guys to provide entertainment.

Too early to tell what the current weather is going to do to the fishing. I'm guessing some more color in the water. But that usually equates to faster warming in the south facing shallows too. If the water stays near sixty during the rain, it will probably jump to "spawn cycle" pretty fast when the sun comes back out.

Hey, Bro. I ordered my new vest and softsided tackle bag so I can get on board the Stratos without having to tow my tube behind. Hope the invite is still open. I'm ready to rumble. Have your people call my people and we'll do lunch...to arrange the details.
[signature]
Tube,

the invite is always open to you but we need to go to a lake so that its a learn/learn situation such as saguaro, I still have a lot to learn about on this body of water. But we need to hook up, I am sure it will be a great time

One more thing E-mail me your phone # again, I think I deleted it with all the work stuff that i get.....how dare they mess up my fishing plans.....the Nerve!!!

and yea I did get my Certificate and will be spending soon, I checked out what they have and am going to buy a few of those Yozuri ARMS lipless cranks which are my favorite for tossin in the summer and I think I need some deeper rip baits. That should about do it for 25$.....

Fish on
[signature]
i know were not suposed to laugh at the misfortunes of others , but in this case i'de be rolling on the ground ! you just gotta love it when the big guy sends a little reminder to thoes " show - offs " that there not as cool as they think they are . the things you see when you don't have a video camera !
[signature]