Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got this email today, thought it would be something worth doing!
Got this email today, thought it would be something worth doing!:

[font "Arial"][size 2]Last week, I had an experience that was so deeply moved me, I thought I would share it………..[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]As many of you know my daily commute drive to my office requires that I pass through the grounds of Camp Pendleton.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]The other afternoon, headed south in the late afternoon, with the sun preparing to set, just south of the base, I came upon [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]a convoy of military ATV’s snaking slowly along the freeway towards San Diego, presumably to prepare for transport to Middle east.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]These lumbering vehicles, painted camouflage green, brown and grey, were lined up down the freeway, as far as I could see. [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Dozens and dozens and dozens. Each vehicle was attended by a young soldier dressed in army green with hardhat and weapon; [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]perched atop the vehicle clearly in the “lookout” position. [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]One of these young men looked down into my car and made eye contact as I sped by ~ and my heart just melted in my chest.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]I raised my hand and Smiled. [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]He Smiled and tipped his head. [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]This is someone’s little brother, I thought.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]He might be 20. Maybe.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]I blew him a kiss.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]He laughed.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]I opened my sunroof [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]…………………………..and waved at the next ATV as I past it………...[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]…………………………………The Next one, I waived AND honked my horn!![/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Suddenly, all the cars passing the convoy were waving and honking and yelling greetings to these soldiers.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]It went on for miles and miles. I could look in my rear view mirror and see all the cars behind me waving and [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Could hear a chorus of different horns honking as we all said our hello’s to these young men.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Hello and Goodbye and Thank you and Take Care and God Bless.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]There are many complex issues involved with our current international political environment that I do not intend for this to be any sort of statement regarding the [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]state of affairs in the Middle East. Rather just to remind you all of what I remembered, that these young men are our children, our young brothers[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]our cousins. My world was rocked by the realization of what remarkable courage it takes to face these times from the perspective of our military men who are NOT[/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]the politicians, or the policy makers for our country. Some of them are just kids.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]It was an incredible moment. [/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2]Just wanted to share it with you all.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][size 2] [/size][/font][font "Arial"][size 2]Thanks.[/size][/font]

[font "Arial"][black][size 2]Please visit the Department of Defense web page below and sign in thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services for defending our freedom.

The compiled list of names will be sent out to our soldiers at the end of the month. So far, there are only about 52 million names .. from a national population of over 250 million. What a shame.

The entire exercise takes 10 seconds...literally. Please pass it on to your e-mail friends.

[url "http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html"][#800080]www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html[/#800080][/url][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator