Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BaySport on Ice!
01/12-01/14 Was fortunate enough to get an invite to spend MLK weekend on Strawberry Res. in the cold mountains of Utah. My Bro BLM set it all up. The three days were spent making tracks with snowmobiles, drilling holes in 8" thick ice, and jigging up scrappy cuts. We enjoyed sub-zero conditions, with lows reaching -25.

[inline 100_3658.jpg]

Snowmobiles and shelters make up the fish camp.

[inline 100_3650.jpg]

Another cut pulled through the ice.

[inline 100_3673.jpg]

Another cut is jigged up.

[inline 100_3714.jpg]

A nice 23" cut. Gloves and hood does not stay off long!

[inline 100_3726.jpg]

End of a great day of fishing on Strawberry. The nice folks at the Strawberry Marina and Lodge did a Great job of meeting our needs!
Thanks BLM and crew for the awesome adventure.
BaySport
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We had a good time! It's more than just fishing. It's an adventure. Sometimes a little more adventurous than I like it. Falling through the ice on that pressure ridge was a bit extreme for my liking but everything worked out.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Glad you made it up to finally try the "other" type of fishing. It offers a whole new aspect to just going fishin'.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
BaySport...what can I say...those are amazing pics. I can't believe I was complaining about the cold from my last trip. Now you're trip....that's cold!!!

Call me stupid but I always think that when you fish on a frozen lake, the fish will come up frozen too. Sounds like a great trip. Glad you had a blast.

Best regards,

Paul
[signature]