Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW!
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Well, if we are going to talk STREAMERS, I got to add these. Orvis just came out with Anodized Aluminum cones. I bought each color in Medium. I like this idea, cause I don't like to weight my flies and allow the line to get me to whatever depth.
[Image: Cones001.jpg][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Those are real neat. Now what size hook would these be suited for? By the way that was the purpose of my post.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]And it worked Dryrod![Wink]
I am using these on #4 streamer hooks by Orvis, But I think you could use them on smaller hooks if the gap of the hook is big enough.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
you could use red and green around Christmas.. and the gold and green around halloween, and the reds around valentines.. the greens around st patricks day.. silver around Easter.. Blue would be used for in between time.. I mean.. you gots to color coordinate with the holidays.. [angelic]
[signature]
Having been as pure a nymph fisherman as most ppl are dry fliers, I prefer sinking line, whether it be sinking tip in fast, medium, or slow, or wet belly line, as opposed to weighting the hook or tippet. I consistently caught more fish on non-weighted nymphs because of better action.

But they are kinda neat! [Smile]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I have two spools for each reel. One loaded with a floating line the other with sinking. Most of the time I'm using the floater. Will have to consider your option.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][#0000bf]bdn06 (quote) Having been as pure a nymph fisherman as most ppl are dry fliers, I prefer sinking line, whether it be sinking tip in fast, medium, or slow, or wet belly line, as opposed to weighting the hook or tippet. I consistently caught more fish on non-weighted nymphs because of better action.

But they are kinda neat! [img]../../images/gforum/Smile.gif[/img][/#0000bf]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]And that is the beauty of these...they are aluminum! But you get the FLASH, or the Bling, Bling![/size][/font][Wink]
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Now you can make me a couple of each and I will test them out.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I kinda figured that[Wink] Been tying a Beldar, but it is much harder then it looks. First is the tail/flash, then chenille 1/4 of hook, then white/black and whatever other color Guinea, a little more chenille, rubber legs, little more chenille, more hackle, more chenille, rubber legs, chenille, then hackle at cone. (wrapping the two feathers is tricky)
Here is Red:
[inline "B & R Beldar.jpg"]

[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Poky-mon,
Off topic, but is that your dog (avatar)? If so, I would give him whatever he wants...and quickly! [Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The dog is his, his name is Rascal, and he is a pansy. [laugh] Beautiful dog though.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Forgot to log in! Who you kidding, your daughter might eat Elvis, [pirate]but not Rascal.[Tongue][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
This is what happens when they don't get fed.
[signature]