Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing report from j.t.
[font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] posted for j.t. by lonehunter . [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Hi: [/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Fishing up and down on Roy Lake, another week of weather systems moving thru. Cattail has had some northerns caught but it also suffered from weather systems going thru. Maybe this means that we are in for an early spring. With 30 " of ice in some areas, it doesn't sound like a match.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]I went to the Ice Team Trap Attack this weekend on Waubay. It was a lot of fun and some of my good buds placed in the top ten. Fishing for perch on Waubay was pretty good. I highly recommend joining Ice Team if you want to learn more about ice fishing or meet other ice fisherman. It is a fast growing organization and stays on top of all the new ideas of catching fish under the ice, if not invent the ideas themselves.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]I also went fishing on the 17th of February, with Dave Genz of Ice Team and had the greatest time ever. We caught gorgeous blue gills with a vexilar and aqua view and, of course, it doesn't hurt to have Dave fishing with you. I also caught two large mouth bass 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 lbs. Took pictures and then put them back. Then we went to Waubay and caught two perch and then a weather system pushed thru and shut us down. It gets better, because this morning we had a fish fry for breakfast and it was soo...good.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Interested in ice fishing this winter, give me a call for lodging and don't forget spring fishing. It should be great, and weather systems don't seem to matter as much.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Looking forward to catching more blue gills.[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2]Jan[/size][/font]
[signature]