Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Pro rods
I noticed that Bass Pro has a selection of graphite rods, IM6, that are mostly light and ultralight. They are priced very economically, at around $29 on sale. There are a ton of good reviews on the rods, but I wanted to get some input before I order one. Anyone have any experience with their Micro Lite series? I would sure like to order one...
[signature]
Their Micro lights are actually pretty decent for the price. I have a few different ones that I tested and got to keep for myself.

The manufacturing process on the IM6 graphite series was a good deal. The rods have plenty of sensitivity where it counts and still has the needed backbone to keep it from breaking easily.

I give it a 3 1/2 out of a full 5 rating for it's class of graphite rod.[cool]
[signature]
Grrrr! See post above, when I wasn't logged in [crazy]
[signature]
I own and use one pretty often for trout. I was suprised by its price for the way it performs. its a very sturdy rod with plenty of sensitivity i pulled in an almost 8lb rainbow last weekend and it didnt fail me.

Will
[signature]
What length and action is your rod?
[signature]
5'6", Light action
[signature]
Thanks. I am looking at the 7' light or medium light. Got some good feedback from a couple of others, as well.
[signature]
I use some of the 6 1/2 and 7 footers for bass fishing. My 6 1/2s are in the light and medium light rang and my 7 footers are in the medium and medium heavy range.[cool]
[signature]
I ordered one up [cool]
Now, I just need some fish...
[signature]
[black][size 3]Surprisingly, for as inexpensive as they are, those are some pretty nice rods - both the spinning and casting versions. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3] Like it says on a bumper sticker that a tackle vendor sent me one time (which I still have); "Fish don't care what you paid".[/size][/black]
[signature]
LOL--NOW you tell me [Tongue]
[signature]
Thanks guys--without the recs I never would have picked one of these inexpensive rods up. Mine came today, and I am muy impressed just by the lightness and feel. I actually prefer it to the Fenwick Eagle, which is quite a bit more expensive. It has plenty of back bone from what I can see, and I can't wait to test it out on a finned friend.

Should have ordered the UL action in a 7' as well...maybe they have some left [cool]
[signature]
Caught my first fish on the new bass pro micro--you were right. Decent sensitivity and plenty of backbone. I was more than pleased for the price!
[signature]
I'm glad that you liked it. Anything that I recommend as far as gear and tackle go, is from experience and not just a formidable opinion.

Opinions are not fair to most people unless someone asks "What's your opinion"?

I have tested alot of equipment that is out on the market and some that is not out yet. I like what I like.[cool]
[signature]
Hang on a sec, I just noticed you name--you're note the offspring of THE Scoutens of fishing are you? I.e., Pat? Holy schnikes, no wonder...
[signature]
I guess you finally figured out my disguise. It shouldn't have been hard though. lol

TubeDude and TubeBabe are my mom and dad. Very good observation.

I know I will have you on the list of members that I would like to meet at a BFT get together once I can find my way back to UT this year.[cool]
[signature]
Well, you should try to come to Idaho to fish Swan Falls or whatever else I might be able to convince TD & TB to fish. It's purely to my advantage, you understand, to have a chance to suck up as much fishing knowledge as I can [Tongue]
[signature]
I do want to get to ID also. I still have alot of family throughout the state. I also lived there and was able to do quite a bit of fishing as well.[cool]
[signature]