Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Marshall Marine Fishing Expo

Hey guys and gals. I was able to attend the 2007 Marshall Marine fishing expo in Lake City, SC. It was a pretty cool deal. We got to meet alot of people at the expo, I even got to pass out a bunch of BFT stickers and cards. Check out some of the things that was going on! [cool]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21043;]

I took a picture of this motor because I couldn't believe how quiet this 2 stroke was. It was really cool how they had it set up. They said you weren't suppose to change the foot oil or anything for like 3 years. If it doesn't fall appart between now and then, i'd say that's a pretty impressive technical advance.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21044;]

My son (sailfish4me) with a pro bass fisherman.[cool]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21045;]

Bill Dance. I never got to get too close, the line was always a mile long.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21046;]

Think Key West makes a cheap boat? I did until I saw this one sawed in half. That's really cool!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21047;]

Mike with Cale Yarlborro. He was a really nice dude!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21048;]

The SC DNR had a cool game set up. You actually use a real fishing rod and reel to catch fish in this video game.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21049;]

Here I am giving the game a try. I wanted to see if the games verson of a sailfish pulled as hard as the real thing. I was surprised, it tugged pretty hard, but the real thing is much more impressive.[Tongue]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21051;]

The DNR also had a shooting booth set up, that Mike took advantage of. He's actually a pretty good shot.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21052;]

There's me taking a break, we did alot of walking. LOL, don't mind the double chin, it's just the way i'm sitting.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21053;]

They had lots of four wheelers to check out.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21054;]

Here's Roland Martin. I tell you what, that dude has lost his hearing over the years. Roland is the man, I think he's an awesome dude, but he couldn't hardly hear anything we were saying. LOL, we love you Roland![Tongue]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21055;]

Here's Mike with a professional Guide for the Santee Cooper lakes.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21056;]

These are some of the guys from Tony Stewerts #20 crew. The guy on the right does the body work, the guy in the middle builds the motors, and I think the guy on the left is like a crew chief or something.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21059;]

This guy helps run one of our local tackle stores here in florence. They were gracious enough to let me drop a few BFT stickers and cards. THANKS GUYS!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21060;]

SWEET!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21061;]

Last but not least, mike posing with the tank the local national guard brought out.

It was a really fun time. They did instruction on Flounder gigging, tossing a larger sized cast net, red drum fishing, and all kinds of stuff. Hank Parker gave a good session on bass fishing. Lots of food and things to do. Well, I guess that about it. Maybe next time you all can make it down!
[signature]
Tarpon,
Very cool pics indeed! Great narrative, too. Thanks for sharing those. I'll bet your boy will remember that for years to come.
[signature]
Way to go T4me. It looks like the both of you had a real good time.

Roland Martin will be out this way soon. We have a big show in Long Beach coming up. He always saves time to sign autographs for the kids.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Great write up on the EXPO ! Great photos too ![/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I like the Key West sawed off skiff picture. Did they do that right there in front of you guys ? Isn't that the same technique that made Boston Whaler famous ?[/size][/black]
[signature]
Na, they didn't cut it up right in front of us. I wish, that would have made for a really cool chain of photo's. But, some yahoo jumped on the back of the largest half to see how well it really floated. LOL, I was waiting for the boat to see saw his but into the water, but it never did. I was impressed.
[signature]
that looks like a great show! thanks for taking the time to share some of the highlights with us!
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Reel or I should say real cool partner. Looks like you'e practicing to take over the job from the local sports photographer and writer. Nice job of the coverage.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]