Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Friend
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Bunch of things lead up to this post. First was Pokymons pictures in his avatar, and second, my parents telling me that after battling diabetes for over four years, that they will be putting their little girl down real soon.
So, how about everyone post a picture or pictures of their best friends.
I will start with my boy, navigator, cuddlier and best friend [#ff0000]ELVIS
[inline "Elvis and friend 500.jpg"]

Second is the beautiful Jazzy, that tried her best to beat the diabetes. God Bless her:
[inline "Jazzy 500.jpg"]

[/#ff0000][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
My buddies are sammy Half lab half sheppard. rascal siberian husky.
[signature]
[unsure]That poor little girl. Taking that last walk with them is an agony beyond description.
Your dogs are so cute, and so well manicured. Elvis is a Schnauzer from his looks. What's the Navigators breed? He looks like a Chinese Export. One of those low maintenance Porcelin Door stops!
I've heard that dont shed at all.

I've had a number of them over the years.
My old Bertrand looked just like your Elvis.
He got so bad I'd have to take him outside and bring him back inside.
Then we had another Schnauzer, Muffie, who had almost 50 words in her vocabulary. We had to put her down also.

Now I have a cutie, but I'll have to figure out how to get a photo into this 'Guermeuflukginzie' computer.
[signature]
About two years ago we put down 16 year old cocker spaniel Dooley..she went from old but healthy to skin and bones in a week... we put her down and that was hard...

Dooleys playmate Whitney (our sharpei) was doing okay until early December.. when she seemed to simply not know where she was or where she was going.. she was 14.. it was a hard decision but we had her put to sleep...

both decisions were hard.. and we still miss them both.. if I can find pictures of either one or both I will post them...

FG... thank you for sharing.. I know it was not easy.. but have to say Elvis does look good.. :-)

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Thanks, Elvis's days are numbered also what with him being 14 1/2 years old. Can't hear or see very well and looks like an old man in the mornings (specially with these zero temps) but by evening, he is bouncing off the walls. Hopefully he will be around for the summer...so far so good.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]What a great idea for a thread Flygoddess,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I know how hard it can be to have to make some decisions, that although may best thing overall, it is even so, a very difficult thing to deal with. My sentiments go out to you and all who have been in the position to have to make the choice. Just remember the memories of your best friend as they were.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Here's my cuddley little critters - about 400 pounds of absolute sweetheart.[/size][/black]

[inline 2003_0409Image0010R.JPG]

[inline 2003_0409Image0016R.JPG]
[signature]
Fishhound, the one on the right looks like it has some Saint in him. Good looking buddies for sure.
When people ask me if I will get another dog, I tell them no, but I will get another friend[Wink]
I owe it to the doggie world, cause I can say that all my friends do die of old age and a very good life...so how can I stop now!
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]You really got to me on this post flygoddess. Sorry to hear about Elvi's problems. My 14½ year old Siberian Husky is nearing her last days. Still loves to run and play but age has it way of diminishing their quality of life. She is my last contact with my wife whom I lost 4 years ago this week. Life can be great and other times a bitch. Here is my buddy Sitka. [/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21101;][/center]
[signature]
Fishhound/Dryrod....

Those are some great looking animals.. its obvious that they are well cared for and loved by their humans....

FG...Elvis ...like his namesake.. will live forever .... [Smile]

MacFly
[signature]
Fly flingings not my thing, yet, but i cant pass up an opportunity to show off my little bud Frank. He's a pure bred miniture "weiner dog"
[signature]
[black][size 3]Well, heart broken, but little Jazzy walked the Green Mile today. May she rest in piece and play with all the other puppies free from her diabetes forever.[Sad][/size][/black]
[signature]
I just looked at the picture you posted of Jazzy and it is evident that she was well cared for and loved deeply...therfore she had a good life with her humans...:-).... and that is all we can ask of our lives..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]May the Puppy Gods look after your little Jazzy.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]