Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottomline fishin buddy 1200
Anyone out there using one of these for ice fishing? If so when the sidefinder sonar is on od you seem to get readings where the sonar cone is bouncing off the ice? I am not figuring out how to read the side sonar.
[signature]
[reply]
when the sidefinder sonar is on od you seem to get readings where the sonar cone is bouncing off the ice? I am not figuring out how to read the side sonar. [/reply]

Not quit sure what you're referring to ...but you shouldn't be getting any interference fron the ice- the side cone is on a 9 deg. down angle and should be reading below the ice. The number shown in the side window refers to the distance to the target- but not the depth... the number in the main window refers to depth under the unit to the target.

here's a link to the BottomLine web site and users manual-
[url "http://www.cannondownriggers.com/site/html/htmlsite/Fishin_Buddy_1200.pdf"]www.cannondownriggers.com/site/html/htmlsite/Fishin_Buddy_1200.pdf[/url]

Hope it helps... PB
[signature]
Thnaks for the help, with a couple other guys telling me how they use theirs I was able to see my jig and the fish coming in and what depth they were and I was. It was great!
[signature]
[black][size 3]Those Bottomline fishfinders are actually nice little units. I had a 2255 that I liked quite a lot. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I have noticed, that a number of people have not liked them, but I also noticed that those same people seem to have never owned one, and the minority that did have one, never figured out how to use them. Go figure.[/size][/black]
[signature]

Glad to hear that things are working better for you... Don't get too good at it though or it will take all the fun out of it-

Electronics sure have changed the way we fish- for better or for worse?... PB
[signature]