Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Buliding class #2
Ok you guys here is the date and times for the next rod building get together.

Same Place, TubeDudes house,
Date Feb. 20, Tuesday
Time 6:30/7:00 PM.

hopefully, Cabelas will have my rod and all the parts by then.
I plan on setting up a weave and making a couple of letters so you can see how to put a name on your rod, say like your BFT user name or nick names, and initial. I should have a cross wrap also started, if cabelas gets me my stuff in time. hope to see all you guys again. heres a couple of pic's with names so you can see the letter size. you can respond to this or send TubeDude a PM
so we have an Idea of how many are coming. see you then

chuck
[signature]
I will be there.Thanks for planning it and giving us plenty of time to fit it into our schedules.
[signature]
ILL BE THERE 2.
[signature]
Count me in, and thanks for the instructions on the last one.
[signature]
I would love to participate again so sign me up for another round of soda's!!!

Gaetz
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I lost my directions. How do I find that place again?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anybody for a batch of spicy hot chicken tortilla soup this time?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Count me in again.
[signature]
I'll be dropping in also. doing names, man that just might be worth learning.
[signature]
I'm always up for spicy. Is there something you'd like me to add to the banquet?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sometime within the last couple of weeks before the next event, I will codgertate on what might make good compliments to the gathering/feast. I think we have soft drinks covered again so salad, bread or desserts are about it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Learning to weave "ROAD" into your rod wrap ain't no big thing. I fully expect you to be able to do a self portrait...with real beard hairs.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
So do I start collecting them from my hair brush now? Or wait til I'm "weaving" and pull out fresh ones? Hmmm what color rod goes with black and gray?
[signature]
to do a flat weave you really only need 2 colors, so black and gray would work just fine. for my letter size you will need 16 4in. gray and one very long black and your set. lol.
I'll get the wife to wip up some kind of salad. potato or mac.
later chuck
[signature]
Add my name to the list.
[signature]
Breaking out the super glue to make my own hair extentions............. How long is long LOL
[signature]
I am in. And let me know what I cna bring.
[signature]
Oh that's so not fair. Count me out for this one. I have the orientation for the DWR Youth fishing that night in Riverton and I don't think I can make both.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No problem. Let us know when you want to get materials to make your own rod and we can do some private sessions if necessary. After the first couple of open meetings it becomes very individual anyway. There will probably not be any other large gatherings until we get some rods built.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I've seen that rod somewhere before[Wink], sure wish I could get in on one of these classes but as you know that evil W word is keeping me from attending. [Sad]
[signature]
yep, thats your WH2. too bad that W won't let you out.
cabelas was good to me this weekend, I found a 1 piece fish eagle blank for 14 bucks, reg. 42. so I will have a rod started with a crosswrap. later chuck
[signature]
It's times like this that I wish I did not Work in the evening but had a day job, oh well thats life. Thats a heck of a deal for that blank, wish I lived a little closer to Cabelas[unsure]
[signature]