Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if it snows at Bear Lake?
I am headed to Bear Lake tomorrow, and the forecast is for snow in the PM. I have a 4 wheel drive Suburban, live in North Salt Lake, will have a guy with me from SLC, and another guy from Ogden, so we would prefer to return by way of Logan. However, if the snow is falling especially hard, would one likely be better off to head west on Highway 89 towards Logan, north on Highway 89 into Idaho, or south on Highway 30 towards Evanston? BLM is probably trying for that Mack at Fish Lake right now, so if any of you other Bear Lake regulars, have an opinion please reply.
[signature]
I've never liked Logan canyon in snow storms. I'd probably go through Evanston but hen again I don't have any rotten weather experience on that road.
[signature]
I'll be headed up Logan canyon and over to Evanston about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I'll be in a red ext. cab Chev. I'll keep an eye out for you. If you see me in the ditch, stop laughing long enough to wave as you go by.[Wink]
[signature]
If you really want to see kent laugh throw a Whitebass on the ice by mistake.[cool]
[signature]
The man speaks the truth. I still chuckle every time I think about it.
[signature]
[Smile][Smile] Logan Canyon can be ugly but if doesn't start snowing until the afternoon it should not be a problem. They keep the road pretty well sanded and cleaned off. Just take your time and use that four wheel drive. I'm not to worried about it. I've driven it many of times while it is snowing and never had a problem.
[signature]
As long as it's not windy the canyon will be no problem,hope to see you guys over there,"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
I too have driven logan canyon many a time in the snow, so if it were I, its not that big of a deal when snowing. They are always plowing the roads because of Beaver Mt. ski area, and the people there need to get back home. even after night sking ends, so just remember the key thing is to TAKE YOUR TIME, slow and go. It really isnt that big of a problem. [Smile] If needed give yourself plenty of space between you and the one in front. I"ve been at the summet with white-outs and still made it out ok. Usually the worst is at the TOP. But I"ll bet tomorrow will not be that big of a storm. Good luck, & use common sence. It"ll be no biggiee!!
[signature]