Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2007 Boat Show Baby!
[url "http://www.greenband.com/ut_boat_home2.html"]http://www.greenband.com/ut_boat_home2.html[/url]
[signature]
I'll be there, got some coupons in the mail. I'm looking for a fish/ski boat. Emphasis on fish but gotta make wife and kiddos happy.
[signature]
Got 2 words for you ...

Halstrom Marine

He just got in some brand new TRITON
Fish & Ski's ... Look me up when the show starts ... I will be working his booth and I will give you a tour.
[signature]
I go every year, and will go this year also. It has been a contributor to my my personal financial deficit for at least 10 years now!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
I am looking for a new fishing boat as well. Don't really want to ski, just fish. I really need a good layout that I can put downriggers on for the Gorge and electric motor on the front for jigging. What would you recommend?
[signature]

[signature]
Chinook,

This is my third try at this posting, being more of a "lurker" on BFT than a contributor, you'll have to bear with me.

this info is related to the pictures posted above.

My search for the perfect boat, put a Lund in my driveway.

I looked at everything on the market, and settled on a light weight alum. boat with a large power plant. It has a V6 chev. I/O with a Merc outdrive.

I outfitted it with elec. (big jon) downriggers, fish finders front, midship, and rear, so I can see the bottom from any seat in the boat. It has both CB and marine radios. the boat comes with a good rod locker, and large live well (for those that keep the critters).

The power/weight ratio is good, it gets out of the hole in seconds, and one morning (in my madness) at Lake Powell, I had it to 55 mph before I backed off, and I still had a ways to go on the gas.

I wish you luck in your quest, and hope that you find a boat that makes you as happy as mine has made me.

If you have questions on the the boat or mack fishing at the Gorge let me know.

the pictures on the other post has both one of the boat, and one of a mack I took at the Gorge.
[signature]
Saberfish that is one hell of a nice fish how big was it?
[signature]
You just described my dream boat almost to the letter. What a nice fishing boat you have. Jealous!!! I would love to have one exactly like it. Where did you buy your boat and who did all the extras. I have always known that Lund boats are very good. Where would I go to get started?
[signature]
Majja,

I really don't know the weight of that fish. It bottomed out my scale which read to 44 lbs.

But, it was one big mother.
[signature]
Chinook,

I got my Lund at Rogers Marine in Farmington. I dont know is they are still the local Lund dealer.

I havent looked in the yellow pages, but I would think that someone has the Lund dealership in the SLC area.

When I purchased mine, the next closest dealer was in Rock Springs WY.

It took my about to 2 years to outfit the boat, and I did it myself.
[signature]
Lund,Alumacraft,Crestliner, all make great boats that work well for the gorge.Before I bought my Alumacraft I talked and talked to the Lund dealer in Rock Springs ,and they just didn't want to deal. Since then they have gone out of business.

About the only thing that i can really stress,is that if you do alot of early spring ,late fall fishing having a o/b is so much easier to deal with.
[signature]
enjoy that boat show fsh4fun05 my wife and i bought a boat last year we bought a tahoe fish n ski boat its awsome has everything included in the price 18' /23gal gas tank/54lb thrust trolling motor w/removable bracket /11gal areated live well/ removable convertable seats for front and back fishing /2 batteries 1 for trolling 1 for the boat/ removable ski tow pylon /lowrance x47 tx fish finder/ built in cooler in back seat /swing away tonuge on trailer/stereo cd sirius capable mp3 jack/lotsa of storage and much much more we shopped for a while i wanted a total fish boat wife wanted the ski so we compromise and we are both happy go to tahoe sport boats we bought the Q4SF outboard for winter fishing we bought it at marine max on about 3500so state.good luck on your search.and fish on
[signature]
I went to the show last year, but didn't find my new boat there. I bought a 19' Bayliner Fish-n-Ski for thousands less than anything comparable at the show. I bought from Peterson's Marine in Ogden. The wife and kids are thrilled, and me too.

But the show is fun and informational.
[signature]
I'll keep an eye out for ya. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. I'm going to miss my old 'butterscotch' but it's in the garage waiting for one last trip out. Soon it will be on the for sale board.
[inline "March5,2006, resize.bmp"]
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]I work across the street and boy have the boats piled up in the parking lot![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I totally agree you can't go wrong with a Lund! When I went looking for a new boat a couple of years ago, I was very dissappointed with boat dealers in this State. Other than Robertsons marine, I found most didn't know squat about the proper rigging of a fishing boat and what fisherman need in a boat. The majority of dealers focus on family ski boats or the big cuddy style boats. My decision came down to a Crestliner or a Lund. After looking closely at both, I felt the Lund had a better lay out for my fishing needs ( both are good boats!). With out going into flaming detail about Utah's only Lund / bayliner/ crownline dealer, let's just say my experience with their understanding of fishing boats was less than impressive![unsure]. I think the problem is fishing boats are just a sideline for them.

I found the best price and best Lund dealer in the USA located in small town in South Western Montana ( Townsend marine)[Smile]. All they sell is fishing boats ( Lund and Ranger). Two of my local fishing buddies have also purchased their new lunds at Townsend after having the exact same frustrations with local boat dealers.
[signature]
I'll be there tonight, going with IFG and another buddy of ours. Might have to tow one home for him....we'll see. I bought mine there last year so I'll have to wait on my own temptations to upgrade.
[signature]
Not IFG, our other buddy. I have enough toys laying around for now. Unless they have airboats there, that's an entirely different story.

IFG