Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Totino's joins FLW Outdoors lineup
[size 1]MINNEAPOLIS - FLW Outdoors announced today an agreement with Totino's, making it the official pizza and pizza roll sponsor. Pro angler Tim Johnson will represent Totino's as the captain of its professional angling team. Totino's, which will sponsor all eight freshwater tournament trails, is the second General Mills brand to join the FLW Outdoors family.

In 2007, Johnson will fish as a pro on the Wal-Mart FLW Tour and the Wal-Mart FLW Series, the two most competitive trails in professional bass fishing. The 2006 season was a launching pad for Johnson's angling career. He started the year by winning the season-opening FLW Tour event on Lake Okeechobee as a co-angler. He finished the season as the fourth-ranked co-angler and took 10th place at the 2006 FLW Tour Championship. The Dallas, Ga., native also competed as a pro in the FLW Series, and the results were impressive to say the least. He finished the season as the 27th-ranked angler, meaning he has already qualified for the $2 million 2007 Forrest Wood Cup, the richest championship in the history of professional bass fishing. The 2006 season was so good to Johnson that part of him never wanted it to end. With prequalification already in hand, he hopes to keep that momentum going in 2007.

"This is something I've always wanted to do," said the jovial Johnson. "I've had a five-year plan to phase out my current job and become a full-time pro. I fished the tour as a co-angler, hoping to finish in the top 10 and become a boater in 2007. It feels kind of strange to have never fished an FLW Tour event (as a pro) and already be qualified for the championship."

Johnson said he was particularly grateful to his other main sponsor, Ranger Boats, which has been his biggest ally throughout his career.

"For one, I'm thrilled to be with Totino's. It's a great family product, which can be enjoyed by many. I'm looking forward to working the Family Fun Zone. As you can tell, I'm a people person. I love working with kids, and I love talking with people."

Named after the legendary founder of Ranger Boats, Forrest L. Wood, FLW Outdoors administers the Wal-Mart FLW Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Series, Stren Series, Wal-Mart Bass Fishing League, Wal-Mart Texas Tournament Trail presented by Abu Garcia, Ranger Owners Tournament Championship Series, Wal-Mart FLW Walleye Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Walleye League, Wal-Mart FLW Kingfish Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Kingfish Series, Wal-Mart FLW Redfish Series and Wal-Mart FLW Striper Series. These circuits offer combined purses of nearly $43 million through 238 events in 2007.

Wal-Mart and many of America's largest and most respected companies support FLW Outdoors and its tournament trails. Wal-Mart signed on as an FLW Outdoors sponsor in 1997 and today is the world's leading supporter of tournament fishing. For more information about Wal-Mart, visit Wal-Mart.com.

For more information about FLW Outdoors and its tournament programs, browse FLWOutdoors.com or call (270) 252-1000. [/size]
[signature]