Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32 Micro Midge
Seeing how every took an interest in the 32's I made a little tutorial of how I make mine. Starting with material:
Hook: Tiemco 2488
Thread: Griffith 14 Black
Tail: Black Micro Fibetts
Rib: Griffith 14 Red
Body Griffith 14 black
Wings: Snow Shoe Bunny (any color) Tied figure 8 then like a parachute to make them stand up
[Image: Size32011.jpg]

[Image: Size32001.jpg]
[Image: Size32003.jpg]
[Image: Size32004.jpg]
[Image: Size3205.jpg]
[Image: Size3206.jpg]
[Image: Size3207.jpg]
[Image: Size3208.jpg]
[Image: Size3209.jpg]
[Image: Size32010.jpg]
I use a very fine wire from a little armeture to hold flies:
[Image: Size32012.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Real neat there flygoddess. Always wondered how one could get so much stuff tied on a #32. I couldn't have done that even with the aid of an electronic microscope. Good job. Do you think that the fishys can see something that small?[Wink]LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[Smile]I must compliment you on your effort.
The Fly on the Penny is a nice touch. Otherwise a Cracker like me would never know what a 32 looks like in the wild.

With a talent like that, you should have been doing Nuero-surgery or sewing in Heart valves.

After we did the exchange I took some of the small flies down to the Sipsy River.

As I sat on a Rock at the waters edge, struggeling to get the bitter end of the tippet through the eye of a #22, I thought of all those good years I had, when I didn't need glasses.

The word 'flailing' came to mind.

Back in the good old days, I tied the flies on while standing in the current.
Never noticed the wind coming down river.
Now I have to go find a convenient rock to steady my self.

Here you are tying flies I'm not sure I could locate if I knew they were in my fly box.

Do fish eat bitty stuff like that?
Only bigger flies do, right?

LOL, only pulling the chain.
Good job
[signature]
Awesome tutorial.. and I dont even tie flys... lol.. but..

mi esposa asked the same question about whether a fish will eat somethign that small .. my answer..

.. a small fish certainly would.. and... if a big fish is hungry..and that floats by.. and it looks good.. it will eat it as well...

just my two cents.. two cents.. hmmmmmmmm that would be enough area for at least 20 or midges to be displayed on... [cool]
[signature]
Dude, you crack me up![laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Hey FG, that thing would give me a head ache just trying to keep an eye on it. My hat goes off to you[Wink]

By the way, Pokymon is headed out this way. We just confirmed with a phone call.

Let me know when you and your hubby would like to come to Cali and play with some of my local friends.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]I am curious how he will do with that no drinking and no smoking thing[cool] I hope that CHANTAX kicks in[pirate][/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]And no spanking of the little ones under the age of 4. Well that is if a new proposed law goes into effect. Then spank you kid and go to jail. I can just imagine a 3 year old calling 911 and complaining that his mommy hit his little tushy.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3]You hit on a sore spot with that one DR. There isn't that fine of line between abuse and dissapline. That ticks me off, that they are now making it a law! Spanking a baby with a diaper on does not hurt them but the action works and I did hear of one case where a 4 yr old did call 911.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]This is not so much the LAND OF THE FREE![/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I understand smoking in enclosed spaces, but OUTSIDE![/size][/black]
[black][size 3]We are doing it to ourselves and I can't help wondering what is next.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I am glad I am old so I won't have to deal with all this crap for that long.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Making all these new laws so we can live longer, but taking away our freedom in the same breath.[mad][/size]
[signature]
Size 32, I did some 26's day before yesterday but I have not plans to ever do anything smaller.

Boy, that 14/0 thread looks like a large cord in that picture.

I took some pictures of a friends flies that were a size 28 and 32. He was impressed with the quality of pictures. now he is anxious to get a camera so that he can take pictures of a bunch of his other creations.
[signature]
Whats cool is I'm not an old person yet so I can still tie it on without glasses.
[signature]
[black][size 3]I am not the only crazy, here is a web site to a gentleman named Hans that has done some incredible stuff to size 32's:[/size][/black]
[url "http://www.danica.com/flytier/sfp_previewx/sfp_preview.htm"]http://www.danica.com/flytier/sfp_previewx/sfp_preview.htm[/url]
[url "http://www.danica.com/flytier/hweilenmann6/hweilenmann6.htm"][#222222]http://www.danica.com/flytier/hweilenmann6/hweilenmann6.htm[/#222222][/url]
[signature]
If he misbehaves, I can always flip him a piece of Nicky Gum. I put a plug in my Chimeney too. My built in lighter was putting too much drain on the battery and wouldn't allow me to watch the whole movie on the DVD player on my tube. It was also hampering with my built in microwave and only allowing me to pop 1/2 bag of popcorn.

Have you ever tried watching a movie on a float tube with only 1/2 bag of pop corn??? Not fun at all.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]tubeN2, he is all yours now....Have fun and don't feel it is child abuse if you have to bop him in the head[sly][/size][/black]
[signature]
Do you think he would mind getting bopped with a WD40 or an Olive Matuka?? ha ha.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Awe, he won't even feel that! Ask him what happened to half his eyebrow, or have him show you his knifing scar[Wink][/size][/black]
[signature]
He gets around me and Id probably hit him with my rod.. LOL... that is how much control I have at this point...

MacFly
[signature]
Did you inflict any of these wounds?? I'm just wondering [shocked]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Not me! He did them to himself.[/size][/black][shocked] He was one of those out of control kids!
[signature]
Now you got me worried. I was an out of control kid myself. Now we are talking 2 grown adults with sharp objects around floatation devices!!![pirate]

I'm taking my SOSpenders for sure.[cool]
[signature]