Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Innovative Flies
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]I sure that you folks will recognize the tier of these flies as he hails from Utah.[/size][/green][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=21710;][/center]
[signature]
I would have to say that those flies look like the ones that TubeDud ties. Not to confuse him with TubeDude.[cool]
[signature]
[black][size 3]The one in the upper left corner (orange) is actually a tube. I got some of that and the foam with the tail attached like the Mayfly, when he tied for us at Orvis. Cool stuff, but I have to agree that Tubedud's look just as good.[/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there Flygoddess do you know Robert Williamson? I concur with you re TubeDuds fly making skills.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[black][size 3][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Post:[/size][/black][/font] [font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there Flygoddess do you know Robert Williamson? I concur with you re TubeDuds fly making skills.[/size][/green][/font][/size][/black][/font][/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Not one on one, but I have met him and he use to come to our store all the time.[/size][/black]
[signature]
Robert is a great guy and a very innovative fly tier. His bugs are some of the cleanest I ahve seen. He loves to fish hoppers on small streams. I have sat through a presentation or two of his, and they are very worth wile.

Cheech
[signature]
There you go bro! They even had me fooled after seeing some of the beauties that you tie.[cool]
[signature]
Robert Williamson. The guys a joker.
[cool]

And a good tyer.
Now you know where Cheech steals his ideas.
No wait, I'm thinking of someone else.

inside jokes[angelic]
[signature]
Hey Evil Ash, I ran into your brother the other day. He must have made a wrong turn in Blackfoot or Idaho Falls. I found him in SoCal of all places.

He sure had an assortment of flies with him.[cool]
[signature]
They must have been flies he tied. I heard he didn't catch anything......[shocked][shocked][shocked]

BBBBBUUUUURRRRRNNNNN
[signature]
He did his part in conservation as we say in Cali. Catch and Release or Don't catch and don't worry about the release.

He actually donated a few flies to the local aquatic flora. I made some donations as well.

Since I never tubed that lake, I was unfamilliar with the structural boundaries.

We did have a good time though and although we didn't catch any fish, we did manage to catch a buzz from the beer.[cool]
[signature]