Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange county regional parks
Any of you guys ever fish any of the regional park lakes in Orange County? I know Ralph B Clark park has some big bass in it, that are very very easily spooked. I was thinking about trying to fish Yorba Regional Park in yorba linda. Any of you guys fished this lake? Also the Laguna Lake that i keep hearing about? Is that the little residential lake in Fullerton with all the lillypads?

By the way, Im JA Martin. New to the boards here, but been fishing my entire life. Nice to meet you guys.

Thanks
[signature]
Hello JaMartin.

I just moved from La Habra to South Orange county and I have fished all the lakes you mentioned. I did pretty good catching cat fish with mackeral or meal worms/marshmallow combo at Yorba Linda.

Laguna Niguel is pretty happening, I had never been real successful at catching Trout until I went to Laguna Niguel Lake. Also Catfish do pretty good by the dam with Mackeral.

Where do you normally find yourself fishing?
[signature]
I usually fish Irvine Lake, Castaic, and even trabuca creek over by holy jim falls down in trabuco. When the creek is running i can usually pull out a limit in minutes. I used to fish some of the regional lakes when i was a kid. Now that im out of work at this time, and while waiting for some calls to come through, i figured i would try my hand at some of the regional lakes again. You wouldnt happen to know any regional lakes around here that have any good bass action would ya? I actually live over here in Corona. I just found out about PRADO dam, and was thinking about trying some fishing over there. Im really into Bass fishing this time of year, and do more trout fishing in the winter. Any good BAss fishing around the regional parks?

THanks

JA
[signature]
Hello JaMartin,

Glad to hear Trabucco is still a good spot, I use to fish it about 10+ years ago, its great sceanary to fish in. I read on the DFG site that they stalked it this week. I was thinking about heading up there, any recomendations where to go? Are rooster tails still the best bet at the canyon?

From what I've been hearing El Dorado Park is a good spot for bass, I've also heard good things about Prado Dam.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Trabuco creek is really good fishing if the water is up and running, which shouldnt be a problem with all our recent rains. I also checked the DFG page and according to them they stocked the creek last week, soooooo this is good! The way i usually fish the creek is just using stealth tactics to get in the bushes and not be seen, and then float an old fashioned samlmon egg into a nice deep pocket and BOOM fish on! Im either going to Prado dam tommorow or Yorba Regional park(its free to fish). You ever have any success catching bass at Yorba or Prado?
[signature]
Morning JA, If you havn't left for Yorba Regional, here is the ticket.

Meal worm with a marshamellow. for catfish. Good spot is on the East side where the cement walkway (about middle of the lake)goes furthest into the water.

If I missed you, hope your hooked up right now!!
[signature]
Hey JAMartin: I spent 3 years running around Holy Jim Canyon and Trabuco. We had a cabin in Holy Jim Canyon where I chased those wily rainbows all up and down the stretch. That was 1947-1950. In the summer when the water went down we helped the ranger transport all the trout stuck in the receeding waters to the 2 big pools by the Ranger Station. I used a handline with a salmon egg to catch them for the frying pan. (Was there any other bait?) and grabbed them with my hands for the summer time restocking. I knew all the secret holes and could always eke out a couple for the table. Those were the good old days,especially since I knew the stocking truck guys personally. I haven't been back to the canyon in 50 years, I often wonder how it looks now.
[signature]